National Holidays

I am confused by the different holidays in Thailand. Can anyone please tell me what days I have to give my staff by law as a holiday?

I understand there are around 14? If I ask my staff they give me all the holidays, bank, government and Buddha days!!!

I own a small company employing 5 staff and I just want to know what I have to give them legally. Thanks for any assistance.

I am confused by the different holidays in Thailand. Can anyone please tell me what days I have to give my staff by law as a holiday?

I understand there are around 14? If I ask my staff they give me all the holidays, bank, government and Buddha days!!!

I own a small company employing 5 staff and I just want to know what I have to give them legally. Thanks for any assistance.

You can get a list of the holidays from the British or American Chamber of Commerce.

you should verify this, but my understanding is as follows:

there are 18 public holidays in thailand -- government offices observe all of them.

Banks has slightly different, in that they dont observe labour day (or didnt in the past..saying their employees arent exactly 'labour' but they used to have mid year 1st July Bank Holiday)

commercial companies may not observe all 18 days, and if Im not mistaken by law are required to offer 13 days out of the 18 (which 13 you choose is up to you..although there are certain days that most would expect as a must such as New year, Songkran, king's and queen's birthday)

cheers.