Hemmoglobin home tester

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The one you found appears to be reviewed at https://www.amazon.com/Lysun-Hemoglobin-Meter-25pcs-Strips/product-reviews/B09V52RW78/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm

Reviews include "Don't waste your money" and "Inaccurate results".

The problem with hemmoglobin, it is easy to get inaccurate results if not careful when doing the sampling and reading. 

I would steer well clear of such "no name" brands.

The quality ones -- with which I have a lot of experience -- are from HemoCue company based in Sweden.

https://www.hemocue.com/en/solutions/hematology/hemocue-hb-201plus-system

Make sure you get full set including the microcuvettes as cannot be used without them.

You might also find some of the units on eBay but the microcuvettes are still an issue

Addendum: just located a distributor in Thailand

TECHNO MEDICAL PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED 
29 Soi Ladprao 92
Wangthonglang
Bangkok 10310
Thailand
Phone: 662-933-6112 , 662-933-6119  Ext.418
Fax: 662-933-9763
E-mail: [email protected]

These units (and the microcuvettes) are nto cheap but believe me, I researched this extensively when I was an advisor to the Ministry of Health In Cambodia (which introduced them in community health centers nationwide) and there is nothing else that is reliable

As for labs, the test literally takes minutes so just a question of how busy they are. And whether they do it onsite or send it out, a lot of commercial labs are actually just blood collection points and send out elsewhere

16 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

As for labs, the test literally takes minutes so just a question of how busy they are. And whether they do it onsite or send it out, a lot of commercial labs are actually just blood collection points and send out elsewhere

Thanks Sheryl.

The Closest Lab from me is 76km, so 3 hours round trip. Just measure to  have an feeling I hydrates enough when I have high levels 16,5 - 18 g/dl.

A side effect of trt

15 hours ago, Hummin said:

Thanks Sheryl.

The Closest Lab from me is 76km, so 3 hours round trip. Just measure to  have an feeling I hydrates enough when I have high levels 16,5 - 18 g/dl.

A side effect of trt

If all you want to do is assess your hydration, just go by amount, frequency and color of urine. Especially color. The lighter, the better.