Pattaya Rescue Team Frees Russian Kid Trapped Under Gate

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Pattaya rescue volunteers responded to a report of a child trapped under a fallen gate at 8:36 PM on March 4th, 2024.

The incident occurred at a residence located in the Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, Chonburi province. Upon arrival, rescue personnel found a large metal gate lying on top of a 7-year-old boy with Russian nationality. The child sustained a head injury with visible bleeding.

The rescue team swiftly took action, lifting the gate and administering first aid before transporting the boy to a hospital for further treatment.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-03-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Like 1

Looks exactly the same as my gate..... when in a partially open position they are only supported by a roller, half way up at the motor end. I can certainly see them falling over. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Upon arrival, rescue personnel found a large metal gate lying on top of a 7-year-old boy with Russian nationality. The child sustained a head injury with visible bleeding

A large and no doubt heavy gate, virtually un-supported during it's movements..

4 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

My mother always told me, "If you don't something nice to say about something, don't say it at all".

So, no comment......

Poor little laddie can't help where he comes from. Guess that goes for all of us.

33 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Odd that it needed a "rescue team" to lift the gate off him, parents just stood by watching?

My thoughts exactly.  What about neighbours?  Or were the Russian parents persona non grata?

1 hour ago, Upnotover said:

Odd that it needed a "rescue team" to lift the gate off him, parents just stood by watching?

And neighbors going by the full story, one looks big enough to lift it herself.