No more Plendil?

I have been taking Plendil (5mg felopidine) for several years now. The Plendil, together with daily exercise and a balanced diet, has been able to keep my blood pressure under control.

However, when I was at the Fascino pharmacy in South Pattaya Road yesterday to buy Plendil I was told that not only is Plendil out of stock, but AstraZenica also have stopped producing Plendil. So they can't order any more. I was also told they do not sell felopidine under another brand name.

Does anybody know if there are alternatives to Plendil sold in Thailand?

Any other brands of felopidine here?

I probably should go and see a doctor for professional advice, but is there anyone with knowhow on here?

Brands of Felidopine in Thailand are:

Screenshot_20240307_125114_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.35a20974a0d9ca55e1aea23dcd13e6c4.jpg

Besides other brands of Felopidine there are several closely related  drugs in same class with same action eg

Mandipine

Amlodopine

Amlodopine is the cheapest but also hss the highest rate of side effects. Though many people tolerate it fine.

You need to be careful uf converting from one drug in this class to another as some are extended release and some are not  

• Thumbs Up 2