Russian Man Arrested for Allegedly Working Illegally at a Cannabis Shop in Kathu

webfact

image.jpeg

Kathu –A Russian man was arrested after he was allegedly found working in a cannabis shop in Kathu.

The Phuket Tourist Police told the Phuket Express that on Wednesday (March 6th) they arrested a suspect identified only as MR. NIKOLAEV, 43, a Russian national, at a cannabis shop in Kathu.

He was taken to the Kathu Police Station to face charges of working without permission.

The Phuket Express adds that it is important to note that work permits and visas are not available for foreigners to work as sellers in front of shops.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-03-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

Dem Ruskies are always making trouble.

They seem to be made from a different mold.

They have no respect, pompous, self-righteous and disregard for others.....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NickyLouie said:

What about the little tour kiosks all over the place with Russian people working in them?

I think I saw a couple of those in Pattaya too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He was taken to the Kathu Police Station to face charges of working without permission.

The Phuket Express adds that it is important to note that work permits and visas are not available for foreigners to work as sellers in front of shops

Another one bites the dust...

14 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

They'll be grassed up soon.

I think that's what is happening here in Phuket, another guy arrested for one day overstay also Russian 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I bet most of the under 50 Russians are working here. How else can they stay for months/years.

Rich parents sending them away while the war is on

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I bet most of the under 50 Russians are working here. How else can they stay for months/years.

working online, remotely. 

They should do a crackdown in Jomtien. I've seen a number of Ruskies working in shopfronts, one of them being in the travel agent shop next to 7-Eleven, just right next to the Dongtan Police station by the beach.

Edited by bbi1
  • Agree 2

There is a Russian near me, who has a netted green house easily seen from the road, with his many plants in full view, and sells his dope, if he has a work permit is he allowed to do this?

3 hours ago, bbi1 said:

They should do a crackdown in Jomtien. I've seen a number of Ruskies working in shopfronts, one of them being in the travel agent shop next to 7-Eleven, just right next to the Dongtan Police station by the beach.

Does that really personally bother you?  Sounds a bit coward ish to give almost exact location to a general forum. Why not just tattle tale on him yourself? 

• Sad 1

I'd rather mind my own business and don't care about foreigners working w/o proper documents. There are many careless fellas who came to Thailand but can't find an occupation. Pity them - they are pathetic.

12 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Does that really personally bother you?  Sounds a bit coward ish to give almost exact location to a general forum. Why not just tattle tale on him yourself? 

Not really, but I have always said everyone should follow the law and not do any dodgy dodgy, but the thing is, there are lots of dodgy farangs bribing and here without following the law who shouldn't be here if they can't follow the law.

I found it funny/strange that just next door the the police station is there and they turn a blind eye. This thread immediately brought this to mind.

4 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I found it funny/strange that just next door the the police station is there and they turn a blind eye.

This is not business of police. They care about safety, criminal activities, and so. This is business of immigration, and I will be not surprised if the relationships between these two government agencies are not warm.

I met a couple of Russian families last year who were leaving Thailand the next day, their plans where to go to Turkey and pick their cars up and drive to Spain where they had family and friends, they intended to go to South America and maybe end up in Argentina, one of the wifes was pregnant, if the baby is born in Argentina then the baby get citizenship and so do the parents, they said here is just nonsense,