Renew​ Thai​ Passport​ at​ Central​ Pattaya

Olmate

GF went to Central to renew her pp last week. Place was packed, 100s waiting. Apparently daily occurence. 'Cannot do... come tomorrow 7am' said staff.   Where are all these folk travelling to? Thoughts.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Olmate said:

GF went to Central to renew her pp last week. Place was packed, 100s waiting. Apparently daily occurence. 'Cannot do... come tomorrow 7am' said staff.   Where are all these folk travelling to? Thoughts.

It looks like that's the only office near Pattaya?

Is a trek to Bangkok out of the question? They mail the new passport so only one visit is required.

Have friends/family who've used these two recently with good results.

2. Temporary Passport Office, Bangna-Srinakarin
Thanya Park Shopping Center, Srinakarin, 1st floor, Zone C

Tel: 02 136 3800, 02 136 3802, 093 -0105246

Fax: 02 136 3801

Business Day: MON-FRI

Hours: 8.30 am. - 4.30 pm.

5. Temporary Passport Office, MRT Klongtoey
MRT Klongtoey Station

Tel: 02-024-8896, 093-010-5247

Fax: 02-024-8897

Also MBK

6. Temporary Passport Office, Pathumwan
MBK Center, 5th floor, A Zone

Tel: 02 126 7612

Fax: 02 126 7613

Business Day: MON-FRI (Saturday via Kiosk only)

Hours: 10.00 am. - 6.00 pm.

(have additional automatic passport kiosks)

9 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

It looks like that's the only office near Pattaya?

Is a trek to Bangkok out of the question? They mail the new passport so only one visit is required.

Have friends/family who've used these two recently with good results.

2. Temporary Passport Office, Bangna-Srinakarin
Thanya Park Shopping Center, Srinakarin, 1st floor, Zone C

Tel: 02 136 3800, 02 136 3802, 093 -0105246

Fax: 02 136 3801

5. Temporary Passport Office, MRT Klongtoey
MRT Klongtoey Station

Tel: 02-024-8896, 093-010-5247

Fax: 02-024-8897

Also MBK

6. Temporary Passport Office, Pathumwan
MBK Center, 5th floor, A Zone

Tel: 02 126 7612

Fax: 02 126 7613

Business Day: MON-FRI (Saturday via Kiosk only)

Hours: 10.00 am. - 6.00 pm.

(have additional automatic passport kiosks)

Thanks, we shall go here but good info, just surprised at the numbers. It was a walk in-get served item a few yrs back when @ GardenPlaza.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

friend went last week having mad an appointment was in and out in less than 1/2 an hour, received passport  2 days later, Thursday to Saturday

On a Saturday ?

image.png.c37f355128abfaca638e0e2691bd00d9.png

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, steve187 said:

friend went last week having mad an appointment was in and out in less than 1/2 an hour, received passport  2 days later, Thursday to Saturday

Thanx, thats sure the best option. I was really asking more about the uptick in thais international travel plans.

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

Thanks, we shall go here but good info, just surprised at the numbers. It was a walk in-get served item a few yrs back when @ GardenPlaza.

That must have been some time ago, been in the Avenue a long time, was on the ground floor when my wife went 7 years ago.

Upstairs now and my wife went on spec last time but huge queue, came home and made appointment.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, sandyf said:

That must have been some time ago, been in the Avenue a long time, was on the ground floor when my wife went 7 years ago.

Upstairs now and my wife went on spec last time but huge queue, came home and made appointment.

Sorry yep meant  the avenue,! Now Central 4thfloor, can get in early via carpark.

Edited by Olmate

22 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Sorry yep meant  the avenue,! Now Central 4thfloor, can get in early via carpark.

I didn't noice it had moved to Central.

When I said upstairs, I meant in the Avenue, and that was just over a year ago. Fortunately they changed to 10 year, so won't be going back anytime soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Bangkok ones like the ones in underground station and shopping mall are deserted, booking in advance only saves the time for the clerks to type up the details as you'd already fill in the details when you booked online, in and out in 20 minutes, 

The booking slots seems to be every half hour, so even if the place is packed if you'd booked the wait shouldn't be long.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Olmate said:

Thanx, thats sure the best option. I was really asking more about the uptick in thais international travel plans.

Some food for thought:

https://www.nationthailand.com/lifestyle/travel/40032145

My Instagram tells me that still Japan, South Korea, Hongkong Singapore, Taiwan are popular destinations.

All visa exempt for Thais.

But don't expect that  every young woman travelling alone will be let in easily.

South Korean immigration seems outright racist/harrasing.

China and Russia visa exempt for Thais.

China (Shanghai) might be of interest.

Russia: Vietnamese were visa exempt long ago and Moscow became a popular transit for human trafficking. Continue to Europe over land. Likely down now.

Turkey also visa exempt and also a potential trafficking route.

• Thumbs Up 1

My belief is that as more tourists; Chinese especially; return in big numbers more well-to-do Thais will holiday abroad as they did pre- Covid and Pattaya will not be such a draw for them. The less well off will likely go to Bang Saen which is more suited to Thais.

The withdrawal of Government incentive schemes for domestic tourism is another major factor.

The bf went to the Central office in Korat last Thursday for his very first pp.  Was in/out within 20 minutes and the pp was in the mail yesterday (Sunday) so I'm assuming delivered Saturday.  I still can't believe it!!

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2024 at 7:22 AM, Ralf001 said:

Most likely out of the country.

Makes logical sense to me

On 3/10/2024 at 7:21 AM, Olmate said:

Why don't you ask your gf to ask all those folks at the passport office, then you will know. Rather than asking some randoms on a forum who don't have a Thai passport and who don't know where they are travelling to. Kind of silly to start a thread just to ask us all where they are travelling to, don't you think? Mods should just close this thread.

Edited by bbi1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Makes logical sense to me

Why don't you ask your gf to ask all those folks at the passport office, then you will know. Rather than asking some randoms on a forum who don't have a Thai passport and who don't know where they are travelling to. Kind of silly to start a thread just to ask us all where they are travelling to, don't you think? Mods should just close this thread.

Who rattled your nutsak sunshine? You  obviously dont know, troll off.lol

40 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Who rattled your nutsak sunshine? You  obviously dont know, troll off.lol

Nobody here on the forum knows, why start a thread asking us "where are all these folk travelling to"? Obvious answer was the 2nd poster's answer, "Most likely out of the country".

Edited by bbi1
  • Sad 1