Fatal Collision: Chinese Driver Crashes into Pattaya Motorbike Rider, Claiming One Life

webfact

image.jpeg

Bang Lamung—At 10:30 AM, on March 11th, 2024, Bang Lamung highway police received a fatal accident report of a Chinese driver colliding with a motorbike on Pattaya entrance road No. 7 in Bang Lamung, Chonburi.

Pattaya emergency services and relevant agencies were dispatched to the accident scene to aid the wounded and facilitate traffic congestion of more than half a kilometer.

At the accident scene, a light blue motorbike was in a severe condition as it’s driver had collided with a black Mercedes Benz. Nearby, the body of Ms. Sirikarn Sekklang, 56, was found deceased. The emergency services secured the area and covered the body with white sheets.

By Kittisak Phalaharn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-03-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 3

From the linked Pattaya news article:

According to the police report, Mr. Peng Zhimin, a 36-year-old Chinese driver, told the police that while he was driving normally in the right-side lane, suddenly, ts theshe victim allegedly cut into his lane. His car then crashed into the victim’s motorbike at full force.

So the Chinese driver struck the moto from the rear. Chinese driver at fault by traffic laws everywhere. Hopefully there's video to assess the car driver's story. 

22 minutes ago, gargamon said:

From the linked Pattaya news article:

According to the police report, Mr. Peng Zhimin, a 36-year-old Chinese driver, told the police that while he was driving normally in the right-side lane, suddenly, ts theshe victim allegedly cut into his lane. His car then crashed into the victim’s motorbike at full force.

So the Chinese driver struck the moto from the rear. Chinese driver at fault by traffic laws everywhere. Hopefully there's video to assess the car driver's story. 

'Normally in the right hand lane' works better in China!

50 minutes ago, mikebell said:

If the bike veered suddenly into his lane, the car is not at fault.

Depends if he hit the rear or the side of the bike. If it's the rear then the Chinese driver is at fault. Veering is irrelevant.

How did you pass your driver's test? 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, gargamon said:

If it's the rear then the Chinese driver is at fault. Veering is irrelevant.

Probably not as he was driving a Merc.😁...otherwise veering is relevant. 

6 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

I hate driving in Thailand, especially a motorcycle.

You can a defensive driver and still get hit.....

I never understood, why farangs ride a motor bike in Thailand? Most even without helmet. Looks cool. Are they on a trip committing suicide? Or like to walk on crutches for the rest of their life? Or life time crippled? I can't see this being a desirable future. An IQ test before entering Thailand could avoid these fatalities. 🙏

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, gargamon said:

Depends if he hit the rear or the side of the bike. If it's the rear then the Chinese driver is at fault. Veering is irrelevant.

How did you pass your driver's test? 

If you are doing 60 kph in the outside lane to overtake a motorbike going at 40 and she inexplicably veers into your lane inside your braking distance you will hit her squarely in the rear.  I passed my driving test by being aware of physics and the laws of momentum.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

I never understood, why farangs ride a motor bike in Thailand? Most even without helmet. Looks cool. Are they on a trip committing suicide? Or like to walk on crutches for the rest of their life? Or life time crippled? I can't see this being a desirable future. An IQ test before entering Thailand could avoid these fatalities. 🙏

Who are the 'farangs' in this story that you are talking about?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

If you are doing 60 kph in the outside lane to overtake a motorbike going at 40 and she inexplicably veers into your lane inside your braking distance you will hit her squarely in the rear.  I passed my driving test by being aware of physics and the laws of momentum.

Too bad that physics and the laws of momentum have little to do with traffic laws, especially in Thailand.