When Water Throwing Jomtien?

OneZero

Officially it starts the 13th thru 15.  But, Pattaya area is different usually it continues until the following weekend. 

This year is is being advertised as "the month of Songkran". So, it could start around the 13, but possibly before.

I am leaving also.

Friday 12th has been declared an extra public holiday.

So the official holiday period alone is 12 to 16 (two substitutes for Sat/Sun).

Pure traffic chaos/party on the beach (road) no later than the 12th.

Whether the chaos will continue even after 16th? Not sure.

18 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Thanks all.  Ya, I was already familiar with the above-mentioned dates. 

But I remember those "traditional" dates being extended in Pattaya area in the past; to provide for later water throwing, first in Naklua, then in Pattaya central, & then finally in Jomtien. 

Perhaps such extended dates have yet to be announced by Pattaya officials.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Don't that shiiit last until the 20th? I think it goes from 12th until 20th with 20th being the big huge day of Beach Rd being closed and water everywhere. That's what it was last year.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Don't that shiiit last until the 20th? I think it goes from 12th until 20th with 20th being the big huge day of Beach Rd being closed and water everywhere. That's what it was last year.

That's what I remember also.  I will assume a repeat performance & probably schedule leave before 12Mar & not return until after21Mar.

1 hour ago, Trippy said:

The 19th is the big day, and usually the last day in Pattaya. Jomtien IDK

Last year I remember clearly the 20th April was the big day in Pattaya. Was last year an exception to the norm?

• Confused 1

I believe it will start in some limited areas on the 12 April, and you could get wet any day from then on.

The big water days are the same as last year;

Na Klua area on April 18,

Pattaya city/beach on April 19

Bang Saray Beach on April 20

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, OneZero said:

Thanks all.  Ya, I was already familiar with the above-mentioned dates. 

But I remember those "traditional" dates being extended in Pattaya area in the past; to provide for later water throwing, first in Naklua, then in Pattaya central, & then finally in Jomtien. 

Perhaps such extended dates have yet to be announced by Pattaya officials.

Correct! I tend not to venture out between 12 - 22nd unless early morning or after dark and keep away from Pattaya City Centre. But there again, Songkran lost it's magic for me on the first and last one I attended in 2007.

• Agree 2

I've been in Jomtien for 17 years.  Trust me, its April 12-19.  With the new PM promising bigger and better Songkran, who knows what will happen this year.

Making my annual escape by April 8 and return on 22.  Jomtien Beach Rd on the 19th is a perfect vision of hell on earth.

• Like 1

So many different responses some vaguely correct most wrong. No one knows when the water throwing will start however in some of the Pattaya bar soi's it will start as early as the 10th April. It will then continue until the big day in Pattaya which is always the 19th, I don't know where someone got the 20th from. There is also a small continuation in Bang Suary on the 20th and that's it. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Last year I remember clearly the 20th April was the big day in Pattaya. Was last year an exception to the norm?

The 18th (Naklua) & 19th (Pattaya) have been the big days for many years now (the water throwing was stopped during the Covid pandemic shutdown). 

19 hours ago, OneZero said:

That's what I remember also.  I will assume a repeat performance & probably schedule leave before 12Mar & not return until after21Mar.

Ya, April thanks 🙂

2 hours ago, LALes said:

I've been in Jomtien for 17 years.  Trust me, its April 12-19.  With the new PM promising bigger and better Songkran, who knows what will happen this year.

Making my annual escape by April 8 and return on 22.  Jomtien Beach Rd on the 19th is a perfect vision of hell on earth.

Imagine needing to go to Jomtien Immigration on the 17th, 18th or 19th April and coming soaked from head to toe in water. How does Immigration deal with soaked foreigners coming in to do their extensions? Do they have a number of staff with mops in hand ready to mop up all the wet floors in all their 3 buildings?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Imagine needing to go to Jomtien Immigration on the 17th, 18th or 19th April and coming soaked from head to toe in water. How does Immigration deal with soaked foreigners coming in to do their extensions? Do they have a number of staff with mops in hand ready to mop up all the wet floors in all their 3 buildings?

For a procedure like this, I think I would take a taxi from the door of my house to the Immigration door. I wouldn't risk going out and doing the tour on foot or by songtaew.

21 hours ago, jimn said:

, I don't know where someone got the 20th from. There is also a small continuation in Bang Suary on the 20th and that's it. 

Yes, the 20th in Pattaya usually looks post apocalyptic.....there are smaller events that day  in Bang Saray, and maybe Rayong, then it truly is over. As to the start of water throwing in Pattaya, probably the weekend prior or sooner, which is Songktran official holidays. 

16 hours ago, Espanol said:

For a procedure like this, I think I would take a taxi from the door of my house to the Immigration door. I wouldn't risk going out and doing the tour on foot or by songtaew.

You wouldn't get a taxi on the 19th, the roads are gridlocked. I remember making the mistake of get a van from Bangkok to Pattaya on the 19th. Once we hit the outskirts of town it took 5 hours to get home.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, bbi1 said:

They have two young ladies who will scrub you down and dry you and then providing you with respectable clothing...but you must leave a hefty deposit as some folk have been known to walk off afterwards and not returning the Savile Row designed suits....

As an aside the water throwing in Jomtien will start early April and end (hopefully) after the 19th.....enjoy :crying: