Pattaya Tourist Police Patrol Walking Street to Ensure Tourist Safety

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya —Pol. Maj. Gen. Phongsayam Meekanthong, Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Tourist Police, led a security patrol on Pattaya Walking Street yesterday in a display of commitment to tourist safety.

I wonder if his mobile phone has a "fish-eye" mode?

44 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It is now headline news when they are seen out and about on patrol,  failing to find any evidence of prostitution!

Hehe.. the last time i was in Pattaya. I walked past the police station on beach road. There were 4 policemen taking selfies and group photos. And right to their left and right were hoards or beach sex workers waiting for a foreigner to make them an offer for short time fun. The police, oblivious to so many women standing around on the sidewalk even though they did it directly across the street from the station and right to the side of those taking photos. Of course, those women are not really waiting for foreigners to offer them money for a short time in their hotel room bed. They spend their free time from real jobs standing there playing their phone all evening until the bars close and some even later than that. Perhaps they do it because it is cooler than their small flats. 

• Like 2

He Personally inspected security guards at EACH venue on Walking Street to assess there skills on handling security issues and providing first aid.

Did the guards bodily throw out and beat someone up first, for the demonstrations? Just asking.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, thesetat said:

Hehe.. the last time i was in Pattaya. I walked past the police station on beach road. There were 4 policemen taking selfies and group photos. And right to their left and right were hoards or beach sex workers waiting for a foreigner to make them an offer for short time fun. The police, oblivious to so many women standing around on the sidewalk even though they did it directly across the street from the station and right to the side of those taking photos. Of course, those women are not really waiting for foreigners to offer them money for a short time in their hotel room bed. They spend their free time from real jobs standing there playing their phone all evening until the bars close and some even later than that. Perhaps they do it because it is cooler than their small flats. 

silly Billy...they are condom sales people earning an honest living.

its the demonstration of how they work that costs you money...I thought everyone knew this?

Surprised some of the comments on this thread, do you actually want the police to stop prostitution? Call me old-fashioned, but Pattaya would be pretty boring without it.

Police do a great job of ignoring it in my opinion😀

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Pattaya —Pol. Maj. Gen. Phongsayam Meekanthong, Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Tourist Police, led a security patrol on Pattaya Walking Street yesterday in a display of commitment to tourist safety.

The March 10th inspection focused on Walking Street in South Pattaya, which is considered one of the most popular tourist hotspots in the city.

The primary aim of the patrol was to safeguard tourists, both international and domestic, from criminals.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-03-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

Correct me if I am wrong, but most of the crime is away from walking st on the soi's and beach road is it not

Just now, bbi1 said:

Wonder who are those 3 super big fatties the cop is posing with?

Correction, didn't see the woman with the glasses holding up the sign. It's actually 4 super big fatties

Edited by bbi1

On 3/12/2024 at 12:37 PM, Seppius said:

Surprised some of the comments on this thread, do you actually want the police to stop prostitution? Call me old-fashioned, but Pattaya would be pretty boring without it.

Police do a great job of ignoring it in my opinion😀

Prostitution is what keeps Pattaya alive,.... what else is there 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 3:12 AM, webfact said:

The primary aim of the patrol was to safeguard tourists, both international and domestic, from criminals.

the irony in this is so gross.