Driver License in Thailand for Thai Nationals

I stay in Pattaya with a Thai lady from Isaan. She is driving my old Scooter .. without driving license. How can she get a Thai Motorbike driving license? Can she apply here in Pattaya for the Motorbike driving license or has she go back to her home province? What documents she need .. and how much does the license cost? What kind of exam a Thai National has to pass ?

On 3/13/2024 at 11:54 AM, Luckyman999 said:

thank you 

Some book shops and others have booklets for sale, not expensive with the driving test / signs explanations etc., good luck to the lady.

• Like 1

The difficult part in Pattaya may be getting an appointment for the tutoring, theory test and practical driving test (hovering around the office yard on a "traffic kindergarten").

Up here it's done in two days.

There are driving schools which can speed up and simplify the process for a fee.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Some book shops and others have booklets for sale, not expensive with the driving test / signs explanations etc., good luck to the lady.

And the theory test (multiple choice on a PC like terminal) is the point with the highest failure rate.

What I have seen the Thai theory test contains a lot of legal/insurance/registration stuff.

• Like 1