Non-Imm O Visa (Marry) / 60 Day Ext. / 90 Day Report

Hello out there,

I have two questions in mind and I hope someone can help:

I'm in Thailand using a Non-Imm O Visa (married to a Thai National, multiple entries). The visa is valid until 1st November 2024, my actual permit to stay (90 days) ends on 27th March 2024.

Today I was at Pathum Thani immigration to do a 90 day report (TM47) and a 60 day extension of stay (TM 7, based on married to a Thai national).

1. My thought was, that with the 60 day extension, I'm staying more than 90 days and for that reason I have to file a 90 day report. But to my surprise the friendly officer told me (and my wife), with this visa in combination with a 60 day ext. I not have to do such a report. Is this actually the case or is it a peculiarity of Pathum Thani immigration?

2. No problem with the 60 stay extension, I can stay now unti 26th May. Shortly before this date is it possible to do another extension of stay of some sort or do I have to leave the country, to get granted a further 90 days because of my visa?

Thanks so much for some hints...I appreciate it...

Edited by xn47140

10 minutes ago, xn47140 said:

My thought was, that with the 60 day extension, I'm staying more than 90 days and for that reason I have to file a 90 day report. But to my surprise the friendly officer told me (and my wife), with this visa in combination with a 60 day ext. I not have to do such a report. Is this actually the case or is it a peculiarity of Pathum Thani immigration?

First extension on every entry counts as 90-day report.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, xn47140 said:

No problem with the 60 stay extension, I can stay now unti 26th May. Shortly before this date is it possible to do another extension of stay of some sort or do I have to leave the country, to get granted a further 90 days because of my visa?

You can only do a one year extension if you meet the finacial requirements, else its a border run for you to get another 90 days that can be extended by 60 days.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, xn47140 said:

Shortly before this date is it possible to do another extension of stay of some sort or do I have to leave the country, to get granted a further 90 days because of my visa?

You need to exit Thailand and upon reentry you will receive a 90 day stamp.

Re the 90 day report.  Immigration has used the application for the 60 day extension as reset for report. 

• Like 1

@xn47140 I think you have made a similar mistake that I made many years ago, which really confused me and the immigration officers. But I digress. 

From reading your post I am interpreting that you have an actual 1 year Non Immigrant O visa and not a 1 year extension based on marriage (which many confuse as a 'Visa').  You do not need to make a 90 day report(s).  Those are only for the people who have one (1) year extensions based on retirement, marriage, employment, etc.  As you have done, you can get a 60 day extension to your 90 permit to stay.  After that you will need to make a trip out of the country. (Some people recommend Vietnam by air, some go to the Cambodian or Laos border. I recommend a hop down to Malaysia and back on Air Asia out of Don Mueang). 

You can make you 12 month Visa last an extra 5 months by leaving Thailand a day or 2 before 1 November 2024 and get a new permit to stay stamp of 90 days when you return by 31 October 2024.  You can then extend that Permit by another 60 days in late January 2025.

On 3/13/2024 at 7:29 PM, xn47140 said:

Hello out there,

I have two questions in mind and I hope someone can help:

I'm in Thailand using a Non-Imm O Visa (married to a Thai National, multiple entries). The visa is valid until 1st November 2024, my actual permit to stay (90 days) ends on 27th March 2024.

Today I was at Pathum Thani immigration to do a 90 day report (TM47) and a 60 day extension of stay (TM 7, based on married to a Thai national).

1. My thought was, that with the 60 day extension, I'm staying more than 90 days and for that reason I have to file a 90 day report. But to my surprise the friendly officer told me (and my wife), with this visa in combination with a 60 day ext. I not have to do such a report. Is this actually the case or is it a peculiarity of Pathum Thani immigration?

2. No problem with the 60 stay extension, I can stay now unti 26th May. Shortly before this date is it possible to do another extension of stay of some sort or do I have to leave the country, to get granted a further 90 days because of my visa?

Thanks so much for some hints...I appreciate it...

You appear to be a little confused how the Non Imm O multi entry visa works in practice.

Read this previously prepared explanation documents; How- Non Imm O ME Visa. (Thai family-spouse).pdf 

To answer your questions;
1. 90 day reports are only required from those who have been granted more than 90 consecutive day's permission of stay, for example, those with 1 year extensions of stay.

The requirement is basically to confirm our current address.
The Non Imm O visa only permits a stay of 90 days, although you can extend each 90 day entry by a further 60 days by visiting your local Immigration office. At that visit you also produce documents confirming your address, so it's akin to submitting a 90-day report.

2. The attached document will explain how it's possible to stay in Thailand for almost 17 months using that type of visa, before having to apply for a new Non Imm O ME visa at a Thai Embassy/Consulate.

Each 90 day entry from that visa type can be extended for a further 60 days to visit Thai spouse/family.

Edited by Liquorice

This is timely for me.  I need to do the same in a few weeks.  I have a one year ME visa.  My 90 day stamp expires April 10th.  I need a 60 day extension since we have no plans for a border run and I'll be going home in late May anyway. We've done this before, but always seem to go unprepared.  Best I can remember is that I need the completed TM 7 form, my passport and E visa hardcopy (with copies), a couple of passport photos and the 1900 Baht fee.  Seems like it can be done at any time before it expires.  I'd rather do it before the end of the month to avoid any of the potential Songkran crush.  Any other tips?