Ban Tad Thong ranked #14 coolest street in the world

AverageAussie

For Bangkok’s younger generation and dedicated foodies, craving for street-style fare is often succeeded by a trip to Ban Tad Thong. What was once a street hawking car and motorcyle parts has been transformed, over the past few years, into Bangkok’s most exciting new foodie destination. Both sides of the 1.3-kilometre stretch are now lined with more eating options than you could ever imagine, from long-standing khao tom joints and up-and-coming sweet spots to upscale mala hotpots – all ready to satisfy hungry visitors that come in their droves on a nightly basis.

More info on timeout.com - scroll to #14

https://youtu.be/SrOoPwj6xAQ

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Years ago, I was looking for an accessory for my pickup and found myself wandering that street.  It was amazing what you could find there, and I suspect that very few foreigners knew about it.  I sure didn't see any in a few hours that day, or on subsequent visits which were more laser focused on shops and stuff I had seen before.

I hope they don't screw it up.  If anyone's been there recently, let us know what it's like for an old fart like most of the guys tuned in here.  The fact that it's hip, slick and cool probably appeals to people much younger than myself.

Related, I wonder if the popularity has to do with the development of the park in that area from a few years back?  Anyone know?

• Like 2