Expat Bakery or Supermarket Chiang Rai Area.

Formaleins

Hope this is the correct forum for this, looking for a nit of help here. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

A while back (months) I bought a shed load of western (British mainly) online from a guy that I think came from Chiang Rai - I lost all my contact details for him, but I think he went by the nickname Irish Pat - he sold many different meat pies and bakery items. I have tried Google but cannot find anything - I believe that he traded under maybe his wife's name, something like Amy or Anne or Annie bakery. I am almost 100% sure that they were from Chiang Rai. I have tried the usual, Villa and Corner shop but I don't think it is anything to do with them.

If anyone has any info for this guy and his business I would be grateful thanks!

How did you pay for your purchase months back? Perhaps follow that bit of info and track your source.....

Not sure how far back you can go with your phone/PC but perhaps look through your browser history.

Unfortunately, this is a recurring theme about it seeming to be a good and profitable idea to supply items to expats.  Sadly, it is not and this is proven by the number of startup failures.  It is not possible either to defend the idea from competitors, to do something that they cannot or to do something in a better way.  These aspects are fundamental in protecting the profitability of any business.

I have bought from these startups quite a few times now but they are never in exstence long enough for me to be able to place a repeat order.  All seem to fall prey to copycats supplying the most profitable items cheaper, low order quantities, storage problems, import duties, supply chain complications and staffing problems.  It does seem quite a shame but then most items are now available on Lazada and other shopping channels.

The OP does not say where he is, only that he is in "Thailand".  But Chiang Mai has half a dozen "RimPing" supermarkets, the one I go to being in the "Kad Farang" market which should give you a clue.  I nearly fainted when I first saw the high quality fresh meats on sale there.

To sum up, I suggest you continue to ask around and buy specialities when you can.  There is no long term solution to the supply problem that I have found.

On 3/15/2024 at 6:02 PM, Formaleins said:

Hope this is the correct forum for this, looking for a nit of help here. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

A while back (months) I bought a shed load of western (British mainly) online from a guy that I think came from Chiang Rai - I lost all my contact details for him, but I think he went by the nickname Irish Pat - he sold many different meat pies and bakery items. I have tried Google but cannot find anything - I believe that he traded under maybe his wife's name, something like Amy or Anne or Annie bakery. I am almost 100% sure that they were from Chiang Rai. I have tried the usual, Villa and Corner shop but I don't think it is anything to do with them.

If anyone has any info for this guy and his business I would be grateful thanks!

I buy goods from Smokey Mountain Foods in Bangkok. Sausages, a wide range of pies and hamburgers. Their 1 kg hams are quite good.

I am about to give Sausage King in Chiang Mai a try, Cumberland sausage.

There's also Makro for Mainland Cheese.

As another poster has said, some expat businesses come and go.

Edited by Lacessit

• Like 1