Wise Experience 15/03/24

I sent $2K from my credit union to wise yesterday, was taking an inordinately long time for the email notification.

Normally receive an email from Wise at around 6 PM.  Checked a few times this evening, at 10 PM still no email, so logged on and had a notification that transfer was suspended pending action.  A simple thing really, just needed to answer a few questions regarding annual income and estimated total to be sent via Wise this year.  An email notification would have been a nice touch.  Answered the short questionnaire and funds were immediately released.

I sent $1500 to my personal savings at Bangkok Bank, listed as "funds for long term stay."  This will be paid out Monday at 10 AM, funds available at 2 PM.  It should be coded as a foreign transfer.

I sent $500 to my wife's personal account at Bangkok Bank, listed as "monthly expenses."  This was deposited in her account within 15 seconds, coded as a domestic interbank transfer.

Not sure if the difference in deposit schedule is due to the amount or the coding, or a combination of the two.

I've already got my 800K sitting in a fixed account, so don't really need the FTT codings.  Thought I might as well do all my monthly transfers to the wife's account.  In the foreigner tax thread, Dr. Lister explains that we can gift 1 million baht to our wives with no tax consequences.  Since we don't know how the new tax procedures will work, I want to legally reduce the amount of money I import.  Just in case.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

Not sure if the difference in deposit schedule is due to the amount or the coding, or a combination of the two.

If you select "long term stay" or "buying a property" it will take longer as it's a manual process which settles around 2pm the next day. If you sent to yourself and used general living expenses it should settle much quicker