Where can I buy paintings for decoration in Khon Kaen ?

gejohesch

As the title says, where can I buy paintings for decoration in Khon Kaen ? I mean the type of paintings one puts up on the wall to make the house look nicer and more interesting. If I google this up, I get quite a few returns, but as I live outside Khon Kaen and do not like so much driving endlessly around the city, I would prefer to go on someone's recommendations. Would anyone know? Thanks!

Pop into MaiThai Guest house located in the South West of the city easy to locate. It has a food bar area by the pool great for lunch etc. The owner is an English guy who  is a budding artist ,he has a wall full of paintings many available to buy at very reasonable prices, if none to your liking he would for sure point you in the right direction for other options.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, gejohesch said:

As the title says, where can I buy paintings for decoration in Khon Kaen ? I mean the type of paintings one puts up on the wall to make the house look nicer and more interesting. If I google this up, I get quite a few returns, but as I live outside Khon Kaen and do not like so much driving endlessly around the city, I would prefer to go on someone's recommendations. Would anyone know? Thanks!

@katig20  on instagram ........   

2 hours ago, gejohesch said:

Anlin has a few.

Latest is a bit political. ''Peace dove needs a helping hand.''

dovebig.thumb.jpg.ab1723b48edc701abde7c7046b524d3e.jpg

www.mildredart.com

12 hours ago, transam said:

I saw some nice paintings on sale at my local DoHome Superstore....🤗

OK, thanks! I see one DoHome big shop right outside KK, on the road direction Udon Thani. Can have a look one of these days!

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, sapson said:

Pop into MaiThai Guest house located in the South West of the city easy to locate. It has a food bar area by the pool great for lunch etc. The owner is an English guy who  is a budding artist ,he has a wall full of paintings many available to buy at very reasonable prices, if none to your liking he would for sure point you in the right direction for other options.

Sounds interesting, thanks!

10 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Anlin has a few.

Latest is a bit political. ''Peace dove needs a helping hand.''

dovebig.thumb.jpg.ab1723b48edc701abde7c7046b524d3e.jpg

www.mildredart.com

Is that in Khon Kaen? It's often difficult to find places with google map, spelling issues etc....

• Like 1

There is an Artist based on floor B1 of TukCom (opposite Kosa Hotel).  He displays paintings of the Royals mainly, but was working on a view from Paris a couple of weeks ago.  He showed me the photo that he was working from and all looked perfect.  He said that he can copy any photo that you like to present to him.

If you enter Tops from the road and then exit at the tills he is on your right, close to the food vendors.

• Agree 1

I was wondering the same, and would like some items to decorate the house. I have not seen anything interesting in Khon Kaen. We plan to take a ride to Bangkok one of these days, I an sure there must be a lot there, 

I have not been to Chatuchak market in years so I don't know if they still do,  but when I was there last, I saw a lot of what I thought was interesting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sirineou said:

I was wondering the same, and would like some items to decorate the house. I have not seen anything interesting in Khon Kaen. We plan to take a ride to Bangkok one of these days, I an sure there must be a lot there, 

I have not been to Chatuchak market in years so I don't know if they still do,  but when I was there last, I saw a lot of what I thought was interesting.

Just a shame it's a bit far and I'm not driving to BKK anymore...

12 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

Just a shame it's a bit far and I'm not driving to BKK anymore...

I get it. a bit of a long ride,

Just an idea, to consider. 

but a short 45 min flight from kkc, Perhaps make it a weekend with the missus. If I remember correctly they all would ship to your home, and for smaller paintings you might ne able to take in the plane. Oils you could just get the canvas, and have it framed in Khon kaen, 

15 hours ago, sirineou said:

I get it. a bit of a long ride,

Just an idea, to consider. 

but a short 45 min flight from kkc, Perhaps make it a weekend with the missus. If I remember correctly they all would ship to your home, and for smaller paintings you might ne able to take in the plane. Oils you could just get the canvas, and have it framed in Khon kaen, 

Can be a good idea. Thanks!

Bed and Beyond has a significant number for sale.  And since they are having a "closing the store sale", the prices will be reasonable.  Told to come in the store in April for best deals.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, fceligoj said:

Bed and Beyond has a significant number for sale.  And since they are having a "closing the store sale", the prices will be reasonable.  Told to come in the store in April for best deals.

Interesting. You mean Baan&Beyond, obviously, on the main road between the Ton Tan market and Central, coming from the south, next to BigC?

Edited by gejohesch
adding a line

On 3/20/2024 at 9:36 PM, gejohesch said:

Interesting. You mean Baan&Beyond, obviously, on the main road between the Ton Tan market and Central, coming from the south, next to BigC?

I have just gone there today. I saw a few paintings indeed, but that rather looked like stuff printed in series, and not really what I'm looking for. I understand everything has got its right price, and that equally applies to paintings. Even an unknown average artist will not sell anything for a few 100 bahts, but rather a few 1000's. Fine! I'm willing to put the price.

Which brings me to Chatuchak (someone mentioned). I will keep looking around in Khon Kaen, on the occasion I pass there, but I am sure Chatuchak will have a lot more choice than anywhere else. Maybe one day passing through Bangkok, I will stop over for 1 or 2 days and check around Chatuchak. I wonder if I would buy for a sufficient amount, maybe the stuff could be sent (at a fee) to our house near Khin Kaen?