ASUS: TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI

How to buy this board for about USD240.00, or less, in Thailand?

Any ideas?

https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/tuf-gaming/tuf-gaming-z790-plus-wifi/

This is a good board for my i5-13600K CPU.

I want this board, but I will not pay the quite high JIB price.

What to do?

This board is available for USD240.00, or less, outside of Thailand.

At the moment, my CPU is in my desk drawer, just collecting dust, awaiting this motherboard.

Any suggestions, most welcome.

Tks.

Gamma

Note:  This is not a particularly expensive board, as boards go.  In fact, outside of Thailand, it's downright CHEAP.

I cannot pay almost double the price of the board at JIB, and still be able to sleep at night.

image.png.1f7a429576ec814dedc194c77f16a0ad.png

This is, actually, quite a low cost motherboard.  Therefore, I can only pay USD240, or less.

Note2:  Also, since this is not one of my usual 'JOKE' posts, I will tell you that I really need this board, ASAP.  But, even if I were a billionaire, I would still NOT pay the exorbitant price that is quoted on JIB.  (I realize that JIB needs to make a living.  But, the price they quote is just WAY too high!  And, I would never pay such a high price.)

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Not exactly "in" Thailand but probably going to be the only way to get it in your price range.

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-TUF-Intel®12th-Motherboard-Thunderbolt/dp/B0BQD58D96/?th=1

$229.99 + $24.81 duty deposit (should just be VAT on CIF, computer kit is zero rated for duty).

Free shipping to Thailand.

I can easily buy from Amazon.

But, what would happen when the board comes through customs in Thailand, shipped by Amazon, with a value of USD230?

I would be happy to wait for two or three weeks, if I could get it for this price, from Amazon USA, plus maybe 10 percent import tax, as you say.

I have ZERO experience buying from Amazon which is shipped to Thailand.

Also, Mr. C., thank you very much!

I can buy right away, IF I can be assured that I will not need to pay more than about USD30.00 extra for import tax.

IF I ask my Chinese friends to buy for me in China, then I think I might be troubling them overly much.

So...

This is why my CPU is still in my desk drawer, catching dust.

Tks!

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I can buy right away, IF I can be assured that I will not need to pay more than about USD30.00 extra for import tax.

As I noted, computer kit is zero duty so you just pay 7% VAT on the CIF value.

You can do your own calculations here https://www.simplyduty.com/import-calculator/

The Amazon "deposit" ensures that you pay no extra on arrival, in fact you "should" get a small refund.

There were certainly issues in the past with couriers (notably DHL) asking for extra payments but those reports seem to have dried up in the last few years (I can guarantee someone will post an instance as soon as I post this).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

You can do your own calculations here https://www.simplyduty.com/import-calculator/

The Amazon "deposit" ensures that you pay no extra on arrival, in fact you "should" get a small refund.

There were certainly issues in the past with couriers (notably DHL) asking for extra payments but those reports seem to have dried up in the last few years (I can guarantee someone will post an instance as soon as I post this).

Thank you.

If this is true, then I will order tomorrow.

THANK YOU, very much.

Also, I will order this....

image.png.416aba4fdb3fa5bf2bb4bdf7e6dbeb83.png

I have no problem with paying up to 10 percent duty/tax on computer components.

No problem with this justifiable duty/tax, whatsoever...

Thank you very much......

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Crossy said:

computer kit

PS:   Just so you know.....

When we, dummies from America, hear the term "kit", we do not know what you limeys really mean.

As far as I know, in the UK, the term "kit" has many meanings, such as a soldier's kit, etc....

Still, I think I get your drift, just the same.

And, in this context, I think....

Kit means Components.

Computer kit = Computer components

Correct me if I am mistaken, ...

Thank you.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

OK "computer appurtenances".

Seriously, in this instance "kit" just means "stuff".

Noah Webster has a lot to answer for!

Will you never tell me where you teach, Sir?

Which school, for example?

I know you are a teacher, but where???????

Or, do you just confine you teaching to TV?

6 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Will you never tell me where you teach, Sir?

Which school, for example?

I know you are a teacher, but where???????

Or, do you just confine you teaching to TV?

Nah, I don't teach, although I did, long ago, provide user and maintenance training for these people 

https://www.spea.com/en/

My English is a product of the 1970's UK Grammar School system which also attempted to train-out my Bolton (north-west England - have a look at Fred Dibnah on YouTube for an example) accent and left me with an indeterminate speaking style.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Nah, I don't teach, although I did, long ago, provide user and maintenance training for these people 

https://www.spea.com/en/

My English is a product of the 1970's UK Grammar School system which also attempted to train-out my Bolton (north-west England - have a look at Fred Dibnah on YouTube for an example) accent and left me with an indeterminate speaking style.

Thank you for your clarification, which is much appreciated.

image.png.acf776dcb2d9312becf3b8eab2248f85.png

Always searching for the best brains.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

indeterminate

It's a word, or two, like this, Sir, that sets you apart from the rest, on TV.

And, it is your word choice and usage which caused me to think you are a bit different from the rest.

I still think you are, by the way....

(Makes no difference to me, though, since I happen to know you are pushing 80.)

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

I ordered a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard from amazon.co.uk and had it shipped to Udon Thani. It took 8 days, shipped and delivered by DHL. Small refund on the Thai Customs 'hold' calculated by Amazon appeared in my credit card a few days later.

I specifically needed the UK/EU keyboard layout and none of the resellers on lazada could offer that, hence going with amazon. It was a factory refurbished 'as-new' purchase and the final cost was about the same as lazada.

• Like 1

Mr. C was entirely correct concerning the low import tax when ordering this from Amazon....

Quite a bit cheaper than JIB...

image.png.f94bf80259c2d8dc292d1d99024ea183.png

vs...

image.png.74e35224692cab0882dd73036f141701.png

So.

Thank you for the info!

image.png.2958570bf52111a4b7c88c32ec807cd4.png

Cheap, but maybe OK, too.