Advice needed. Train from KL to Pedang Besar

Arriving KL airport in May and staying 2 nights city. We then plan to travel by train to Pedang Besar border and enter Thailand with tourist visas. Tourist visas issued by UK embassy. We plan to stay 75 days in total and make our way North. No significant history in Thailand, my partner none. 

3 questions. 

When applying for the Thai tourist visa online will they accept our flights to KL and train tickets to Thailand? We will have return flights from Bkk. 

Also will we have any issues at Pedand Besar border with tourist visas issued by UK embassy and not issued in Malaysia? 

Should we bring 20,000 cash each? 

Regards

Runic

14 minutes ago, runiclas said:

Arriving KL airport in May and staying 2 nights city. We then plan to travel by train to Pedang Besar border and enter Thailand with tourist visas. Tourist visas issued by UK embassy. We plan to stay 75 days in total and make our way North. No significant history in Thailand, my partner none. 

3 questions. 

When applying for the Thai tourist visa online will they accept our flights to KL and train tickets to Thailand? We will have return flights from Bkk. 

Also will we have any issues at Pedand Besar border with tourist visas issued by UK embassy and not issued in Malaysia? 

Should we bring 20,000 cash each? 

Regards

Runic

Personally, I don't think you need the 20k. Never been asked for it 10 years running.

If you have the visa I don't think that stuff matters. You have a visa, the dates do matter though, so always cross at least a day or two early, not on that exact date.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Personally, I don't think you need the 20k. Never been asked for it 10 years running.

If you have the visa I don't think that stuff matters. You have a visa, the dates do matter though, so always cross at least a day or two early, not on that exact date.

i got asked once for 20k
highly unusual at land border though
you should have 90 days to enter from visa date of issue so not sure what the last poster was saying
your going to stay 75 days thats 15 days over the visa
just go to any  immigration office get an extension cost 1900
within the last 10 days of current visa
unless you get a 90 day then no ext required
the tickets you mentioned for visa application sound okay

though just one thing if your applying for a 60 day visa and you have tickets in and out for 75 days
they might get picky
no need to send in the train tickets just say your spending two weeks in malaysia
or get train tickets you can cancel or tickets from butterworth to pedang besar that you can throw away as long as it looks like your only in the country less than the 60 day visa
but if its a 90 no problems
just make sure when you enter that the  immigration officer stamps you correctly ie for your 60/90 day what ever you have and not the 30 day visa waiver can happen so check the stamp dates before you walk away

happy wanderings

Edited by Serenity_Now
more info

6 minutes ago, Serenity_Now said:

i got asked once for 20k
highly unusual at land border though
you should have 90 days to enter from visa date of issue so not sure what the last poster was saying
your going to stay 75 days thats 15 days over the visa
just go to any  immigration office get an extension cost 1900
within the last 10 days of current visa
unless you get a 90 day then no ext required
the tickets you mentioned for visa application sound okay

though just one thing if your applying for a 60 day visa and you have tickets in and out for 75 days
they might get picky
no need to send in the train tickets just say your spending two weeks in malaysia
or get train tickets you can cancel or tickets from butterworth to pedang besar that you can throw away as long as it looks like your only in the country less than the 60 day visa
but if its a 90 no problems
just make sure when you enter that the  immigration officer stamps you correctly ie for your 60/90 day what ever you have and not the 30 day visa waiver can happen so check the stamp dates before you walk away

happy wanderings

That's very helpful, thank you