2002 Volkswagon Passat Tdi

Clipped

Lastnight i had dinner with a friend and she drove...it was a volkswagon Passat TDI - diesel engine and it was pretty powerful, the interior was really nice and plush, the console and instrument cluster was very good looking , and had a spacious interior.....very very nice indeed

The thing that sold me was that it was a diesel, engine was smooth enough and could run, and the nterior was not to be outdone by a benz/bmw....with these high fuel prices ive been looking into alterative fuels such as diesel and or CNG so this is definately a candidate.

they are priced relatively fair also.

anyone ever own a TDi and have some input to share?

htanks

The problem is not with Passat or diesels - the problem lies with morons at VW. The company has been paralysed for many many years now and has no plans for Thailand whatsoever.

That TDI is a ten year old engine, I believe, it was replaced about five years ago, and maybe recently again, but not in Thailand.

from the reviews ive read it seems to be a love hate relationship with most owners...i once had a bmw e30 and it would leak water into the passenger compartment, from just finishing reading reviews , this model seems to suffer from the same problems...i really hate this problem and its embarrassing as fark when your with a female...a really stupid problem imo

but the allure of having a diesels economy and the speed of a gasoline engine and trim of a benz is quite tempting...damnit

maybe i will reconsider...uhhh when will i find that perfect car/truck...that i can afford

Edited by Clipped