Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Does anyone know a specific real estate agent they can recommend.

I have a single family home that I am trying to sell.  I started to look at other homes a little over six months ago.  I listed my current home with one of the reportedly top firms here in Pattaya.  I have never heard from him again.  

I have now located a new property and need to get someone truly working on selling the home.  

Does anyone have a person that they can truly recommend that does more than just accept the listing and put it on their company's list of available properties. 

In order to sell a home the real estate agent must be proactive and market the property not just sit by and hope someone sees their company's website and pick yours out. 

Please post or pm.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

I have a single family home that I am trying to sell.  I started to look at other homes a little over six months ago.  I listed my current home with one of the reportedly top firms here in Pattaya.  I have never heard from him again.  

I have now located a new property and need to get someone truly working on selling the home.  

Does anyone have a person that they can truly recommend that does more than just accept the listing and put it on their company's list of available properties. 

In order to sell a home the real estate agent must be proactive and market the property not just sit by and hope someone sees their company's website and pick yours out. 

Please post or pm.  

I'll send you a name separately, but my experience is that they will push initially then lose interest and it becomes another listing as newer ones come in.

You really need to keep on the agent's case, also list with multiple agents.

• Agree 1

Just now, Mike Lister said:

Get a bi red sign made up telling people its for sale and showing your phone number and stick it on the side of the house and wait, a more effective method than using agents.

Good point, people underestimate this method. Those buyers going down this route will expect a reasonable discount as they know you wont be paying 5% agent fees.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here on Samui there is a good real estate agent called Century 21.

The sales people there have been some of the best that I have met. (The bar is not set very high.)

I understand that they have an office in Pattaya.

Having said that - it is obviously down to how professional the individuals are but it might be worth having a chat.

OP, you must be aware that most property gets bought/sold here informally, and not through agents. Literally a for sale sign on the property or places like facebook marketplace and similar. Even if you do choose an agent, most of the time a property not selling doesn't have much to do with an agent not doing a good job etc. Its usually because people have a ridiculous asking price. The best agent in the world cant sell an over priced property.

Thailand does not have an MLS--Multiple Listing Service.  You need to list your property with every big agency in Pattaya, starting with the ones closest to your property.  I list with both big and small agencies, as many as I can find--you never know who will have a client looking for a property like yours.  Also good, as already mentioned, a large sign on your property.  Posters like to disparage agencies but most of our condo sales and both of our house sales were done with agencies finding and bringing buyers to our properties.  Good luck to you.

• Like 1

Good agents are important but the property has to be attractive enough for buyers to come and look, i.e

location, size of land/house and price of course, it's not a seller market now so finding a buyer might take time,

but again, a good agent is important, let us know how did you go just for general knowledge...

On 3/22/2024 at 7:07 AM, Mike Lister said:

Get a big red sign made up telling people its for sale and showing your phone number and stick it on the side of the house and wait, a more effective method than using agents.

That's what I did when I sold a house here in Patong and because the neighbours talk amongst themselves, it wasn't long before I had a buyer.

My first house here, I sold through advertisements in the local Phuket newspaper and producing flyers which I distributed around the place.

Now I only rent and was lucky enough to have a good Thai woman and lawyer who helped me through the sale process.

Good luck, and don't give up, and certainly don't engage a real estate agent unless you can get a promised 3% commission charge, because nowadays it is certainly up in the 5% range plus.