Royal Thai Police internal conflict prompts public investigation

webfact

1 hour ago, connda said:

The dude might be as clean as a whistle

Definitely not the case according to my sources.

He is good mates with the Watchman, so that should tell you everything you need to know. 

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

It's rotten to the core... that's the truth.

.....and it starts at the top. 

A generational thing that's almost impossible to overcome. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

I really think that "Big joke" is a very poorly chosen nickname.

In Thai "joke" is rice soup.  As you can tell, it does not translate well into English as "joke" has a completely different meaning.

On 3/22/2024 at 9:16 AM, webfact said:

To prevent further damage to the RTP’s reputation

Good luck with that one.

The situation took another turn when a team of lawyers representing Big Joke accused 30 officers of receiving bribes from the same gambling network linked to Surachate.

RTP gangs are turning on each other.

Close to "going to the mattresses".

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 10:20 AM, connda said:

It's interesting to watch the evolution of "Big Joke."  I remember when he came on the scene in order to "Clean Up The Corruption."  And yet it seems his entire public career has been one of controversy.  The dude might be as clean as a whistle -- or not.  Hard to tell.  If he's really anti-corruption, their are forces out there with the intention of ending his career. 

It really is interesting to follow, a real life Thai soap opera. Is he another "Serpico"? Considering the nature of the RTP it's hard to believe he could acheive that rank without getting his hands dirty. This case could bring down some high ranking officers (maybe) so they want to take him out first.

It makes me think of the Thai guy who "exposed" corruption on a regular basis. Turns out he was a memeber of a big extortion gang. Sheesh!  Anyway, can hardly wait for the next episode.🙂

tasked with investigating the matter and has been given a timeframe of 60 days to unearth the truth.

60 days ,  Yes I am sure it will have been forgotten about by then, take your time

Regards worgeordie

3 hours ago, john donson said:

hopefully one day, thai will invent AI to investigate the unusual wealth of police, politicians, ...

AI is still GIGO: Garbage in; garbage out.

On 3/22/2024 at 11:56 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Definitely not the case according to my sources.

He is good mates with the Watchman, so that should tell you everything you need to know. 

And what exactly are "your sources"?

Joe

On 3/22/2024 at 10:20 AM, connda said:

It's interesting to watch the evolution of "Big Joke."  I remember when he came on the scene in order to "Clean Up The Corruption."  And yet it seems his entire public career has been one of controversy.  The dude might be as clean as a whistle -- or not.  Hard to tell.  If he's really anti-corruption, their are forces out there with the intention of ending his career. 

And if he really is anti corruption, there are forces out there with the intention of protecting him too.

Thai politics is like the Politburo with added prohibtions on speculation. Any farang who thinks he has the answer is just demonstrating his own ignorance.

24 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

People that are far too important and high profile to name here on a public forum. 

In other words, non existent.

Me, on the other hand, Im perfectly willing to reveal that I spoke to Somchai Wohappenstancemeetingya, a tuk tukl driver originally from Mooban 14 in Sa Keo, who once picked up Uncle Tus driver, who told him he heard.....

1 hour ago, Yagoda said:

In other words, non existent.

Me, on the other hand, Im perfectly willing to reveal that I spoke to Somchai Wohappenstancemeetingya, a tuk tukl driver originally from Mooban 14 in Sa Keo, who once picked up Uncle Tus driver, who told him he heard.....

Oh  the law is so very complicated in Thailand . I am just glad my wife keeps that  gun under her pillow !

(only joking ! )

He urged the police to concentrate on addressing key issues such as narcotics, loan sharks, influential people, smuggled goods, and illegal firearms while discouraging any further public discussions about Pol Gen Torsak and Big Joke’s situation.

Wow! If this isn't telling people to be misdirected so they can wiggle out of being the focus on peoples attention... I do not know what is. Why discourage public discussions? Why tell people to look at other things and not this. Clearly the intent would be so they can be forgotten and the case can be done any way they want it to minimize damage to the RTP. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2024 at 12:06 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

People that are far too important and high profile to name here on a public forum. 

So you know "important and high profile" people?

Pffftttt...not a chance. Actually, YOU'RE a Big Joke.

On 4/3/2024 at 10:00 AM, Shoeless Joe said:

So you know "important and high profile" people?

Pffftttt...not a chance. Actually, YOU'RE a Big Joke.

Not all of us are potless two week tourists like you bub.