House passes 3.48 trillion baht budget bill for 2024 fiscal year

webfact

image.jpeg

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin thanked members of the House of Representatives after they voted for the second and third readings of the government’s 3.48 trillion baht budget bill for the 2024 fiscal year which should have come into force since last October.

The House voted 298:166 in support of the budget, with one abstention and one MP who did not cast a vote.

After the vote following the first reading, Srettha thanked the MPs of both the government and opposition camps, as he promised to consider their recommendations, as well as those made by the budget scrutiny committee, regarding adjustments to budget allocation for the benefit of the people.

The budget bill will now be sent to the Senate for debate, scheduled to begin next Tuesday.

Source: Thai PBS 2024-03-23

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, webfact said:

as he promised to consider their recommendations, as well as those made by the budget scrutiny committee, regarding adjustments to budget allocation for the benefit of the people.

I wonder what person will benefit the most.   🤐

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Then maybe you should clarify your thoughts instead of just relying on innuendo. To expand on my comment, default on govt debt threatens the US credit rating which has a direct affect on interest rates.

Sorry can not I could get 15yrs. 

Well, that is a LOT OF MONEY; wondering if anyone in the audience was able to professionally analyze attempts to slip in some submarines, aircraft carriers, funny rail or road deals etc. 

I just wonder, where they want to get all that money from ........ 

On 3/23/2024 at 8:07 AM, webfact said:

The House voted 298:166 in support of the budget, with one abstention and one MP who did not cast a vote.

He was watching the football.