Long Stay Extension Phuket (Marriage)

After all reports of a crackdown and increased screening I did my 1 year marriage extension yesterday as usual.

The upstairs office is closed for renovation so there is a temporary tent sent up at the left side in front of the cafe, nice space well airconditioned.

Within a few minutes someone came out and took the paperwork off me while I was sitting waiting, was called a few minutes later and it was all checked just a few signatures, photo and payment. He said take a seat and wait to be called for receipt and interview, arrived around 9.15 this was done within the hour. They called my name after a while, no interview and gave back my passport and receipt, all done before 11AM - good service.

There was no mention of the video call they have done the last few years and no one has called me yet. The only new thing I don't remember from before was they did was asked me to put a pin on his google map with the house location.

I do have quite a few extensions previously so that maybe makes a difference, also I go in the week before to check if any requirements have changed and collect the forms, always surprises me how many come without all the requested paperwork. I always submit exactly what they ask for and also include the extra recommended things even if not an official requirement eg bank paperwork on same day even though can be 7 days, an extra photo in the house just in case, as recommended by the immigration volunteers.

• Thumbs Up 2