Yellow Fever Vaccination

John9

Long time ago I went to the place near the docks in Bangkok (nowhere in Pattaya had it.) I think it was the Port Health Authority.

I started early in the morning at Bumrungrad asking them where would do it and got them to write the name and address in Thai. Taxi driver still got lost but eventually it was sorted.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

Long time ago I went to the place near the docks in Bangkok (nowhere in Pattaya had it.) I think it was the Port Health Authority.

I started early in the morning at Bumrungrad asking them where would do it and got them to write the name and address in Thai. Taxi driver still got lost but eventually it was sorted.

Same for me. Went to the Port Authority close to BKK.  Many years back though.

I think the vaccine is (or was) in short supply you almost had to convince "them" that you really needed it.

The last time I needed one I went to a place in London, patiently explained why I needed it and was asked the question "So you don't really want the vaccination, just something saying you've had one.?"

"Er, pretty much" I replied. "OK that'll be £20". My card was stamped and off I went.

3 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

3850THB is a bit more than I paid (20THB) at a government medical center. I think its about 50THB these days.

Did you get the international certificate as well? If so, that's incredibly cheap. They normally pass on the administrative costs of being an approved center.

It's 1,000-1,500 at the travel clinics in Bangkok, but the hospitals always charge more. 

I had the yellow fever van vaccine as I was going to work in Congo DRC,

Had the jab the nurse said you may feel under the weather, flu like symptoms,for a couple of days,

3 weeks later I was still in bed!