Border bounce via air after using SETV

Hi, I have been in Thailand just under 90 days on a single entry Tourist visa and extending once at immigration (UK passport). Im thinking of flying to cambodia for 2 nights and then return on visa exempt stamp as my flight home to Uk is in 3 weeks. Do you think this will pose any issues at immigration at the airport. Thanks for any help. 

Regards,

(ps, was in Thailand previously for couple months last year but left in April to go home).

I had a very similar travel pattern in the last year or so, albeit my bounce was 5 days in Laos by land, but nevertheless no issues or questions and no problems with my next visa application.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

I had a very similar travel pattern in the last year or so, albeit my bounce was 5 days in Laos by land, but nevertheless no issues or questions and no problems with my next visa application.

I think OP will be fine if he doesn't have an extended history before this visa but land entry via Laos is basically the opposite of air entry into Bangkok so not really relevant.

• Like 1

Hi thanks for all the replies. My last stay in Thailand prior to this one was Feb/March/April last year  (I left mid april 2023).......Basically just did the 90 day tourist visa then left.....is there a minimum time out of Thailand to be on the safe side or could you just return same day if you wanted to (via air).....Im going to be staying for 2 nights I think. Thanks again 👍

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Prior to your current stay in Thailand when were in Thailand prior to that.

Hi, prior to this visit I was in Thailand for 90 days, Feb/March/April last year....I left mid April 2023......This trip I arrived early Jan 2024.

Edited by limesaz2015

1 hour ago, limesaz2015 said:

Hi thanks for all the replies. My last stay in Thailand prior to this one was Feb/March/April last year  (I left mid april 2023).......Basically just did the 90 day tourist visa then left.....is there a minimum time out of Thailand to be on the safe side or could you just return same day if you wanted to (via air).....Im going to be staying for 2 nights I think. Thanks again 👍

A same-day return never looks good to an overzealous immigration officer, so your idea to make this a genuine side trip is better. Nothing to worry about with your history. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

A same-day return never looks good to an overzealous immigration officer, so your idea to make this a genuine side trip is better. Nothing to worry about with your history. 

Thank you 👍

I agree that the situation may cause some concern. However, it is likely that your plan to visit Cambodia for a short period of time and return back to Thailand will not cause major problems when returning to the airport. Typically, short-term tourist trips to neighboring countries are not particularly difficult, especially if you have already been to Thailand

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Toby1947 said:

Luanga Prabang Laos would be my recommendation 

I will agree with that recommendation.  There is also a new, very comfortable, Chinese built high speed train from Luang Prabang to Vientiane that takes about 2 hours.  

So for anyone with an extensive history in Thailand who prefers to enter by land, it's very easy to fly to Luang Prabang and then cross back into Thailand by Land over the friendship bridge near Vientiane.

• Thumbs Up 1