How much is required to make this serious police problem go away ?

A friend of the wife's 70-year-old brother has shot and wounded (but not seriously) another guy in an argument. They got him out of police detention by lodging a chanote for land against a bail bond that I understand was 100k. There is talk now about what will happen and how much would be required by all involved to make this problem disappear. Any thoughts ?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Better off in prison. Don't get involved, you or wife.

This is definately my wife's position to her friend. He's a nasty piece of work by all accounts and carries a loaded gun around all the time, but the first time he has ever shot someone in anger. He was drunk, that's all I know.

• Haha 1

[quote]

...how much would be required by all involved to make this problem disappear

[/quote]

You mean to get someone to 'eliminate' the shooter?  About 5,000 baht if there is Burmese guy available for this job..... 🙂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

carries a loaded gun around all the time

I thought the Wild West was long gone.

Could you please let us know where this is happening so that we stay away?

7 minutes ago, pub2022 said:

I thought the Wild West was long gone.

Could you please let us know where this is happening so that we stay away?

Deep South near to the Malaysian border. A lot carry loaded weapons there apparently.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Thanks, apparently it's at that stage at the moment, but the bail bond was 500k which has been handled by 2 chanotes and tabien rot for the car and the shootee wants a payoff which is apparently being negotiated.

I can see another shooting in near future 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

A friend of the wife's 70-year-old brother has shot and wounded (but not seriously) another guy in an argument. They got him out of police detention by lodging a chanote for land against a bail bond that I understand was 100k. There is talk now about what will happen and how much would be required by all involved to make this problem disappear. Any thoughts ?

Run.

13 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Thanks, apparently it's at that stage at the moment, but the bail bond was 500k which has been handled by 2 chanotes and tabien rot for the car and the shootee wants a payoff which is apparently being negotiated.

Hence the problem.   Why should he change, when there's someone to bail him out.  Any luck, he'll get arrested again soon, for carrying a gun, and hopefully no bail.