Buriram celebrates BLACKPINK Lisa’s 27th birthday

webfact

image.jpeg

Buriram celebrated BLACKPINK Lisa’s 27th birthday with a feast of meatball consumption and the unveiling of themed pants.

Buriram came alive as it threw a grand celebration to mark the 27th birthday of Lalisa Manobal, better known as Lisa from the globally renowned girl group BLACKPINK.

The event included the launch of Buriram’s special standing meatball consumption pants. Lisa, born in the Buriram district of Satuk, has been credited with popularising the local delicacy of standing meatball consumption, which has significantly increased sales for the vendors behind Buriram’s train station.

The festivities, organised in collaboration with the Buriram Provincial Administrative Organization, the Tourism Authority of Thailand’s Buriram office, the Buriram Tourism Business Association, and other local bodies and enterprises, kicked off with a heartfelt round of Happy Birthday to honour the pop star. A large cake adorned with meatballs was presented, reflecting the unique culinary culture that Lisa has helped to promote.

In a move that cements the significance of this local food phenomenon, a ceremony was held declaring March 27 as Buriram Standing Meatball Consumption Day. The initiative not only pays tribute to Lisa’s influence but also aims to boost the local economy by attracting tourists to the region. Officials believe that elevating the event to a national level could significantly contribute to Buriram’s tourism industry.

As part of the celebration, the meatball vendors began distributing over 700 kilogrammes of free meatballs from 10am, drawing long lines of fans and residents eager to partake in the festive giveaway.

Chatrachai Sararum, Chairman of the Buriram Industrial and Tourism Council, expressed gratitude to Lisa for her inadvertent role in promoting Buriram’s speciality and announced that the birthday and Standing Meatball Consumption Day would be observed annually on March 27. He highlighted that this year marked the third consecutive birthday celebration organised for Lisa.

The event’s highlight was the launch of the standing meatball consumption pants, a novel product inspired by the popular snack. Vendors and various agencies have shown their support for the initiative, which they hope will extend the fame of Buriram’s meatballs even further, reported Sanook.

The community takes pride in Lisa’s achievements and the positive impact she has had on their livelihoods. They extend their heartfelt thanks and well wishes to her, hoping for her continuous happiness, good health, and success that keeps her fans around the world captivated.

by Samantha Rose 

Photo courtesy of Sanook

Source: The Thaiger 2024-03-28

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

1000x500-3.png

• Love It 1

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

The community takes pride in Lisa’s achievements and the positive impact she has had on their livelihoods.

Thailand need more people like Lisa💖.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

The event included the launch of Buriram’s special standing meatball consumption pants.

Huh? Is this competition with the Elephant pants dominating the news recently?

Check out the lady in the yellow shirt. Either it's cold or she's very happy to be there. 

27 is no cause to celebrate with a band like this - it's the equivalent of menopause in the world of pop music. Another couple of years and she'll be living in an Issan village with a chain smoking, old lady beating Swiss guy or a Frenchman who runs over the neighbour's kid's bike. 

I hate her, my wife loves her more than anybody else in Thailand and watches hours of mindless YouTube dross by Thai commentators taking apart everything she does. She's super rich, lives abroad and has a rich Swiss farang stepdad and represents nothing but herself - she doesn't write anything and can barely sing either. She doesn't even sing in Thai - give me Milly any day, she is the real thing - she is parodying the K-Pop clones here !

27 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I hate her, my wife loves her more than anybody else in Thailand and watches hours of mindless YouTube dross by Thai commentators taking apart everything she does. She's super rich, lives abroad and has a rich Swiss farang stepdad and represents nothing but herself - she doesn't write anything and can barely sing either. She doesn't even sing in Thai - give me Milly any day, she is the real thing - she is parodying the K-Pop clones here !

You seem upset (or perhaps jealous) that your wife likes Lalisa, who yes is very rich (but came from the backwoods to achieve this), lives mostly in Korea due to Blackpink's Agency, is admired in many countries, has broken many Insta/Spotify records, supposedly has a boyfriend from one of the richest families in the world, is great for Thailand's 'soft-power' and she has many years to achieve more. Go Lisa...HBD🎁

I like your wife's thinking..good for her.

10 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

You seem upset (or perhaps jealous) that your wife likes Lalisa, who yes is very rich (but came from the backwoods to achieve this), lives mostly in Korea due to Blackpink's Agency, is admired in many countries, has broken many Insta/Spotify records, supposedly has a boyfriend from one of the richest families in the world, is great for Thailand's 'soft-power' and she has many years to achieve more. Go Lisa...HBD🎁

I like your wife's thinking..good for her.

It's a red line if I ever try to diss her in any possible way. That said in the UK I got up at 2am in the morning joined Blink (their fan club!) (too late as it turned out) to try and buy 3 tickets for BP in Bangkok at the National Stadium. I was pipped at the post on 2 night's running doing the same thing which would have cost me around 18k baht. She refused to have the standing tickets. Following that I suggested booking a high floor hotel room overlooking the stadium, but she refused that. We went to be outside the stadium on the night of the concert and she enjoyed the festival atmosphere. They let a large group on no tickets into the merch area where Black Pink official merch plastic hammers were selling for 4000 baht !  Thankfully she didn't want any not even the pirate merch.

Furthermore, I took her in London to the Hyde Park where they were playing - went up to the ticket booth and offered to by her a single ticket for 85 quid, which she refused as she didn't want to stand. So I have form. She's 60, and I'm 63 I'm calling out she isn't really a fan and my devoted love for her smoked her out !! That said, she is fit as feck !

Hence my simmering hatred !

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Thumbs Up 1