Non O Business Visa

Hi, I successfully set up a thai company as a director with fellow thai directors and required employees tax paid etc.

My accountant gave me all my paperwork. When to Vientiane thai embassy, no problems got a 3mth non o business visa. On return to Thailand, accountant gave me correct documentation, when to department of labour and received my work permit.

My 3mths ran out and returned to Vientiane. Presented all my paperwork and work permit. But was granted another 3mth non o b work visa. This 3mt is coming to an end now and accountant has prepared all my paperwork but said you will only get another 3mt visa. What twists my noodle is friends who receive 12mth visa? How come I'm only getting 3mths at a time when I have all required documents and work permit, am I making a mistake by not being given a 12mth visa? Just getting worried as running low on passport pages and 3mth trips to Vientiane are both costly and time consuming.

Any advice would be welcomed 

Best Regards 

M

Edited by Marcomilton7

36 minutes ago, Marcomilton7 said:

Yes I mean non-b.

So if I present myself to immigration with work permit and correct paperwork I should be able to get 12mth visa done in house in Thailand?

Correct.

Could you please check your work permit expiration date? There's a good chance you've got a 6-month work permit, not 12-month one. Standard practice in some business areas/provinces for new companies nowadays. In this case your visa will be extended up to your work permit expiration, then you receive an ordinary 12-month permit, then you receive 12 months Non-Imm B extension.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, GaryPustynskiy said:

Could you please check your work permit expiration date? There's a good chance you've got a 6-month work permit, not 12-month one. Standard practice in some business areas/provinces for new companies nowadays. In this case your visa will be extended up to your work permit expiration, then you receive an ordinary 12-month permit, then you receive 12 months Non-Imm B extension.

Defo a 12mth

Screenshot_20240330_152530_Telegram.jpg