Thai Government Holds Seminar on E-Cigarette Dangers

webfact

image.jpeg

Bangkok—At 9:00 AM, on March 28th, 2024, Dr. Puangpetch Chunlaid, the Minister attached to the Prime Minister’s Office and relevant agencies held a seminar on e-cigarette dangers to administrators of 437 educational institutions in Bangkok.

Dr. Puangpetch publicly stated that e-cigarettes posed concerns in Thai society as they could easily be accessed by youths and minors. To successfully eradicate e-cigarettes, all sectors needed to integrate and join hands.

Thai Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin issued an order to relevant agencies to tackle the e-cigarette problems as many guardians filed complaint reports to the Thai Office of the Consumer Protection Board. There were illegal e-cigarette sales in educational institutes and community areas, according to the complaints.

By Kittisak Phalaharn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-03-29

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, webfact said:

To successfully eradicate e-cigarettes, all sectors needed to integrate and join hands.

pretty sure if you sing kumbaya whilst holding hands this will definitely work.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

What is more dangerous, tobacco smoking or e-cigs?  I think we know the answer to that

Both are equally dangerous. They can both kill.

It just takes longer with e cigarettes.

Yes, more people die from tobacco but that is because more people smoke it and have been smoking for longer.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Dr. Puangpetch publicly stated that e-cigarettes posed concerns in Thai society as they could easily be accessed by youths and minors. To successfully eradicate e-cigarettes, all sectors needed to integrate and join hands.

And real cigarettes... available to all.

• Haha 1

Ecigs helped me quit after 20+ years of smoking a pack a day. After just a few weeks on ecigs I felt much better, no more coughing and wheezing. In my experience ecigs are no worse than nicotine gum. 

• Like 2