Savannakhet Non-Imm O Retirement

Hi,

Savannakhet doesn't seem to give Multiple Entry Non-Imm O based on Retirement.

If I get a 90-day Single Entry Retirement, can I return to Savannakhet 3 months later and apply / receive another one?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Jaymatheson said:

If I get a 90-day Single Entry Retirement, can I return to Savannakhet 3 months later and apply / receive another one?

I haven't seen recent reports, but it's probably unlikely that they would issue those visas back to back.

As the financial proof you need to submit would enable you to apply for an extension at immigration, they might well question why you don't do that instead. 

15 hours ago, Caldera said:

I haven't seen recent reports, but it's probably unlikely that they would issue those visas back to back.

As the financial proof you need to submit would enable you to apply for an extension at immigration, they might well question why you don't do that instead. 

Probably because he does'nt want to deal with Thai immigration I would fully understand that.If they would give out 1 year visa again I would stop that immigration nonsense too.

58 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Probably because he does'nt want to deal with Thai immigration I would fully understand that.If they would give out 1 year visa again I would stop that immigration nonsense too.

Sure, that's understandable, depending on your local immigration office. Some are a pain to deal with.

But that's hardly something you could tell the Thai consular official in Savannakhet, if he questions why you came back instead of applying for an extension. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jaymatheson said:

Hi,

Thanks

The usual expectation is that after entering Thailand and getting the 90 day permission to stay, the individual would apply for a one year extension at Thai Immigration for purpose of "retirement"  which was the purpose stated for getting the Non-O Visa in the first place.  If the individual planned to retire here, then why would they want a multiple entry Non-O?

If you wish to enter and then travel outside of Thailand rather than remain continuously, you can always get a single or multiple Re-entry permit which will permit such travel and keep your retirement extension of stay valid.

21 hours ago, Jaymatheson said:

Just because it isn't listed doesn't mean they don't offer it.
The Non Imm O ME based on Thai spouse isn't listed, but available.

You require 800K THB in a Thai bank account for the Non O ME based on retirement.
The same financial requirement as for the 1-year extension of stay at Immigration.

1 hour ago, RealityPivots said:

The Non Imm O ME based on Thai spouse isn't listed, but available.

I sure wish I had known that. I just got a 30 day and needed longer.

You now require 400K THB in a Thai bank account for 2 months for the Non Imm O ME from Savannahket.

You can apply for a 60-day extension to visit a Thai spouse at Immigration.

Edited by Liquorice