Thai man exposes father for stealing electricity to run ice factory

george

There seems to be a disconnect between allegation and credible reaction.

Is there a real situation involving assisted fraud and corruption ?

Is there a situation where eldest prospective inheritor attempted early extortion of funds and having been told to  walk is attempting retaliation based on real or debatable "evidence" ?

Full information would be nice to read.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

L's story sounds quite plausible.   A bit extreme on leaving the family and all but over 10 yesrs thats 20 mil baht peofit that could be used to cover payments to the eight people.  Dont  all us foreigners and locals think thats how Thailand works? 

12 hours ago, george said:

He reported the electricity theft to the PEA hoping that an investigation into the matter would be conducted.

However, certain authorities informed his father about his complaint and assisted him in concealing the theft. Furthermore, the case has been disregarded and has not progressed since last year.

Is everything corrupt in Thailand?

A neighbour ( foreigner) who lived 400 metres  away from me  had someone tap into their electric meter  in the road from the  village. The meter is  about another 400 metres  away form their house, hidden in bushes.

They notified head of  village about it, neighbour said he would pay back the money (theyre still waiting 2  years  now)

The  police came and had a  look and even PEA  came and  had a  look but refused to remove the two  illegally installed  cables he'd run into their meter. Its  still in there  now and the foreigner has now  left (rural area) I bet the  villager is   now  back on  the free  electric  again

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

well u gotta  be careful I once got ripped off for 3  satang, I binned the bitch and got a  new model.

1st offence or three strikes ?