Zoomers Can't Find Where They Stock the Left-handed Hammers.

Not a very impressive performance by the store staff there -- assuming that the source video itself isn't a staged put-on.

On the other hand, if that was a Thai store and you walked in with the same request, the immediate response from the staff typically would be "no hab" without even bothering to check -- even if the store actually has a whole section of hammers for sale, including the left handed ones!  🤪

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

assuming that the source video itself isn't a staged put-on.

Possible. But the ingrained slouch, immediate nod into the phone, and the twisting on their heels gives it a great deal of authenticity in my book.

I well remember as a young boy of 15, being sent to the store for a long wait, a box of volts or amps, left handed hammers and screwdrivers.

It terrified me as the store was on the other end of the building and I had to walk through a large room full of women, young, middle aged and old, single. married and divorced.

Fortunately I was young, inexperienced and didn't understand what they were saying.

Now I could give back as good as, or better, but would probably end up sacked or in jail as a few women nowadays would take great offence at the comments.

Don't forget  "getting a bucket of soap and water" to clean the bank notes, (cleaning bank notes means just separating the dirty torn notes from the usable ones) "tartan paint", "Sky Hooks", and in the navy "Milk for the Sea Cat"   (Sea Cat was a Missile System)! 

I fell for all four, including the "Tartan Paint" even though I am Scottish!

PS;  Here is a link to a list of the most common ones!

FOOLS ERRANDS (messybeast.com)

Edited by scottiejohn
PS added.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1