Air Border run through vientiane?

Hello,

My friend and his partner (Israeli and American passport) about to finish their tourist visa+extension and thought about flying from Samui to Vientiane (Staying in Vientiane for a couple of days and coming back) and back - will they encounter any problems getting a 30 days stamp at the airport immigration on the way back? or is it usually as easy as doing a land border run? and is it possible to get after 30 days extension at the immigration? 

Thank you!

You may want to provide addition information about your friends time in Thailand. If this is their first time in Thailand and they have only spent 60 days it is a lot different compared to someone that has been traveling around and this will be the 6th time entering the country in the past year.

If they are going to spend some time in Vientiane they could always make an appointment and apply for a Thai tourist visa.

24 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

You may want to provide addition information about your friends time in Thailand. If this is their first time in Thailand and they have only spent 60 days it is a lot different compared to someone that has been traveling around and this will be the 6th time entering the country in the past year.

If they are going to spend some time in Vientiane they could always make an appointment and apply for a Thai tourist visa.

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. They have been before a few times in Thailand but for short periods of time. This year, they've been 2 months plus another for extension. They used a single tourist visa. So they are not the typical in an out tourists with lots of stamps.

58 minutes ago, webber4 said:

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. They have been before a few times in Thailand but for short periods of time. This year, they've been 2 months plus another for extension. They used a single tourist visa. So they are not the typical in an out tourists with lots of stamps.

I am not an expert but I think with a limited amount of time in Thailand they should be fine. They may want to have an onward ticket and 20K baht but usually immigration does not ask to see these.

Edited by biervoormij
an not a
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, biervoormij said:

I am not an expert but I think with a limited amount of time in Thailand they should be fine. They may want to have an onward ticket and 20K baht but usually immigration does not ask to see these.

Thank you!

I'll let them know, I guess there is no way to be 100% sure as it depends entirely on the immigration office.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, biervoormij said:

Good advice and I agree should have zero issues.

Clear itinerary always is a good idea and onward flight almost essential for Airline. 

OP, you will be fine given your history in Thailand.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

If it's your first time in Laos, I would definitely recommend Luang Prabang instead of Vientiane.  It's much more interesting.

100% agree. 

Most likely flights cheaper a bonus. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1