Entertaining Teenies

sutnyod

Hi,

am not sure where to post (family forum), but I think I try here. I will have the dubious honour of entertaining some teenies (girls) for a birthday. Does anyone have suggestions where to take them? The event would be on a Sunday.

Already ruled out are:

Dreamworld - too difficult to get to from my place

Ice skating - done too often already

Has anybody been in this dilemma? What did you do?

Thanks

Go-Karting RCA - Have a group thing about certain number of races and food / drinks etc.

Thanks a lot. Questions:

1. Whereabouts would that be?

2. Is go-karting exhausting enough for them to prevent them from further mischief?

wakeboarding.

http://totalentertainment.co.th/wakeboard/index.html

excellent place. very busy on weekends though with lots of asian pro riders training there. very popular with some of the local international schools. take a look at the site. VERY patient with beginners.

the lake is nice. the food is good. they will be so tired they cant move.

about 3600 for an hour on the boat. all equipment suppled. 45 mins outside bkk toward pratumthani.

if that is too costly and you think pro coaching is unnessecary take them to

taco lake cable park. they can ride kneeboards waterskis or wakeboards for about 300 baht per kid for a couple of hours. No pro training though. Afgain bery busy late afternoons on weekends. KM 13 bangna trat.

Thanks everyone for these excellent tips.

Waterpark and everything sounds fine, except that the event will come to be on a long weekend *groan*. How crowded would the wakeboard place be on such a date?

Thanks decca for the link. It's really SCARY!!! Maybe I am being over-protective....

by the way....13 year old teens like different things from 19 year old teens.

Right. They are 13 mostly. Girls. And they are all Asian, but none is Thai.

Boating on the river.

Boating? On the Chao Praya? Or do you mean a dinner cruise?

Shopping!!!!!!

Oh no! In a bookshop alone they can spend thousands of Baht, have seen it! (I am financially responsible for them that day)

@t.s

is it possible for beginners? How many of them can be kept busy at the same time?

Waterpark and everything sounds fine, except that the event will come to be on a long weekend *groan*. How crowded would the wakeboard place be on such a date?

The pics I posted from the water park were taken on May 7th, that was long weekend I think.

|If they are quite sociable (often the younger teens) than an organised thing as per above suggestions might be good.

But if they are a bit of the anti-social kind of Teens, than just provide a location where they are safe from harm, and have something(s) to do. and leave 'em to it. They'll probably prefer that.

Thanks everyone for these excellent tips.

Thanks decca for the link. It's really SCARY!!! Maybe I am being over-protective....

by the way....13 year old teens like different things from 19 year old teens.

Right. They are 13 mostly. Girls. And they are all Asian, but none is Thai.

Boating on the river.

Boating? On the Chao Praya? Or do you mean a dinner cruise?

Shopping!!!!!!

Oh no! In a bookshop alone they can spend thousands of Baht, have seen it! (I am financially responsible for them that day)

@t.s

is it possible for beginners? How many of them can be kept busy at the same time?

i would say for beginners you should try the cable park at lake taco, especially if you go earlier in the morning -- i believe they open at 10 or 10:30. Taco doesn't really start to get busy until 2 or 3 pm. because it is a cable, it can accommodate a great number of people, they will just have to wait in line. knee boarding is also very easy to pick up

you could probably only fit 6 or seven in the boat at TE at any one time, so i would say cable is the best bet.

Club Taco:

http://bangkokwakeboarder.wordpress.com/ta...b-taco-members/