Looking for Land to buy by Thai Citizen

drand11

Looking to purchase land to buy south of CM, between city and Lampun border. 

Saraphi/Hangdong or south of San Kampaeng is OK. 
Looking for around 1 Rawai of land at reasonable price. Willing to pay RE Agents a fee to bring me good opportunities. 

On 4/3/2024 at 8:31 PM, Photoguy21 said:

Presumably would not be purchasing it in your name?

Isn't that illegal? I know it used to be, but perhaps they changed the law. If it is still illegal I hope a few farang criminals get a holiday in one of those lovely prison resorts.

It's because of bad behaviour by crooks like that that the Thais are making it harder for farangs to stay in LOS.

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Isn't that illegal? I know it used to be, but perhaps they changed the law. If it is still illegal I hope a few farang criminals get a holiday in one of those lovely prison resorts.

It's because of bad behaviour by crooks like that that the Thais are making it harder for farangs to stay in LOS.

Foreigners cannot own land

On 4/3/2024 at 8:44 AM, sirineou said:

Go to an area that is interesting to you, and have your wife, or someone who speaks Thai start a conversation with a local , You can praise the food they sell  or something like that, the work into the conversation how you like the area and would like to move there, ask if they know anyone selling a Rai or more, at a  reasonable price, 

if you are Farang make sure you stay hidden  LOL. We have found and bought two pieces of land that way. 

This is the correct way of doing it, drive around then get the Thai national to ask in the local mom and pop store, or village eatery, not in your presence. Jungle drums will start. The last time I was on the periphery of this the land, with a good aspect, that attracted the Thai nationals attention was 650,000 baht a rai. Drumbeat brought an offer of land with the same aspect for 450,000 and the deal was done. In fact, 2.3 rai was purchased at that base rate.  

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, transam said:

Company name.........:post-4641-1156694572:

Providing it is all legit there should be no problem but if you look at Phuket in the news there are many companies which are essentially fakes buying things. If the company is legit with all the proper paperwork then fine.

4 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Providing it is all legit there should be no problem but if you look at Phuket in the news there are many companies which are essentially fakes buying things. If the company is legit with all the proper paperwork then fine.

We have read here many times in the past blokes bragging about they own a house, done via a "Company" that does no business. Yes, the lawyers fix the paperwork, but underneath it is a fiddle.

Scrutiny by any official that deals with company stuff can spot the fiddle in no time, but it seems there are so many fingers in the pie it maybe difficult fix, as there must be hundreds of properties owned by this fiddle...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

We have read here many times in the past blokes bragging about they own a house, done via a "Company" that does no business. Yes, the lawyers fix the paperwork, but underneath it is a fiddle.

Scrutiny by any official that deals with company stuff can spot the fiddle in no time, but it seems there are so many fingers in the pie it maybe difficult fix, as there must be hundreds of properties owned by this fiddle...

Probably thousands.