Thai health pushes for alcohol-free Songkran celebrations

snoop1130

Thai health pushes for alcohol-free Songkran celebration

Delusional Thai health pushes for alcohol-free Songkran celebrations

Sad thing is the minority elite conservative wowsers have a lot of influence aka money and power. Alcohol free Sonkran is of course just insanity raising it's head. As for the Thaiger GPT article it's a waste of electricity. I would like to see the questionnaire that came up with the results shown. Complete nonsense. 

24 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The data gathered from the survey indicates a high level of support for the idea of an alcohol-free Songkran celebration. As Thailand gears up for another round of the traditional festival, it is evident that a significant proportion of the population is ready to embrace a new, safer way of celebrating.

This is just complete rubbish not even closely related to reality. More junk from The Thaiger GPT.

• Thumbs Up 1

A meaningless distraction from the most rampant evil excess of Songkran.

Young ladies in wet see through spaghetti strap tops! Argh, the anticipation means that I will have to go and lie down in a darkened room!

• Haha 1

Sexual harassment, a pressing issue in mass gatherings, was also brought up in the survey. Some 85.20% of the respondents believed that an alcohol-free Songkran could help lessen cases of such behaviour.
—-

Why only alcohol? There are more effective methods - mass male castration, for example. Balls-free Songkran.
I wish I could work for some Thai government agency. Have a lot of cool ideas. Just for 1 million baht a month salary - I am ready.

Edited by Hellfire
  • Haha 1

Maybe all the months of the year start to teach driving sklls, educate about alcohol use etc would be much better than  bans and that always at the last days .... no visions in Thailand.., everything last minute and when it is over.. forgeotten and on we go again

What a silly article. Who did they ask again? Why not just ban it altogether, you boring old stick in the mud so n sos? If you don’t want to drink, then don’t drink, but stop foisting your staid meaningless lives on everyone else. Let the police do their job if people then go on to drive after drinking. 

• Thumbs Up 1

What utter rubbish. What sampling method did they use? They detest normal people so would never speak those because they are 'wrong'. They'd never ask the younger generation because they are also 'wrong'. No doubt they spoke to their friends and probably asked Muslims tourists. 

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pairoj ardently advocated for the celebration of Songkran in areas that were devoid of alcohol. He emphasised that the presence of alcohol was not a prerequisite for enjoyment. He believed that the festival could be equally enjoyable, if not more, without the inclusion of alcohol

I think his mother wouldn't let him play with his toys as a child and dressed him in his sisters hand-me-downs.

So there is only 400 foreigners 'coming' to support and play in Songkran?? And that the big majority of them said it was OK not to have alcohol. (as they work for a group of anti-alcoholics in there own Country!!!!)🫢🫢🫢🫢