Mysterious late-night car crash baffles Pattaya police

snoop1130

IMG_9959.jpg

The peace of Pattaya was interrupted in the early hours of this morning by the sound of a car crash on Bang Dej Hill, near the Map Prachan Reservoir in the Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, of Chon Buri province.

The accident, which occurred at approximately 12.16am, involved two vehicles, a black Toyota Yaris and a black Chevrolet Captiva. However, upon arrival at the scene, the rescue workers from Sawang Boriboon and Pattaya police were met with an unexpected sight – both drivers had abandoned their damaged vehicles and vanished.

Notably, the Toyota Yaris had suffered a significant collision, evident from the damage inflicted and its final resting place against a tree at the side of the road. Just a short distance away, the Chevrolet Captiva lay equally battered, suggesting a rear-end collision with the Yaris.

Yet, the mystery deepened as no trace of the drivers could be found, leaving authorities to piece together the events from the wreckage left behind.

A glimmer of insight into the incident came from a 21 year old passerby, Suphakrit Asipong. According to Suphakrit, a modified pickup truck arrived at the scene shortly after the crash. A person from the truck removed one of the drivers from the scene, taking all the documents from the car before making a swift exit.

However, Asipong did not witness the second driver, adding to the enigma of the situation, reported Pattaya News.

Now, as police attempt to unravel the circumstances surrounding this peculiar event, the vehicle registrations are being checked to locate the owners and to shed light on the cause of the accident.

In related news, a motorbike carrying two young boys collided with a trailer truck yesterday afternoon in Pattaya. The older brother sadly lost his life while the younger one sustained minor injuries.

By Top

Caption: Picture courtesy of Pattaya News

Source: The Thaiger 2024-04-04

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

I good mate of mine from my working days lives in that area and he told many guys leave bars totally bombed and get into their cars as they believe there's no one watching them. I've been there in the day time and the roads are rather winding plus a gut full of booze can be a lethal mixture.

the most dangerous roads in the world - after 2am 

My motorbibe taxi drivers are epic......they don't drink and want to survive the same as I do

I don't pay them enough 

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The accident, which occurred at approximately 12.16am, involved two vehicles, a black Toyota Yaris and a black Chevrolet Captiva. However, upon arrival at the scene, the rescue workers from Sawang Boriboon and Pattaya police were met with an unexpected sight – both drivers had abandoned their damaged vehicles and vanished.

Hic.. and run?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

I good mate of mine from my working days lives in that area and he told many guys leave bars totally bombed and get into their cars as they believe there's no one watching them. I've been there in the day time and the roads are rather winding plus a gut full of booze can be a lethal mixture.

I used to go eat by the lake in the evenings and always felt the drive back was dangerous..... 

Guessing both were drunk, and decided together it's best to come back tomorrow when sober, saying it was just a normal accident so no charges filed. Insurance covers man in front who was hit from behind.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The peace of Pattaya was interrupted

😂
Have you heard this.. Ruskis?

Edited by Tarteso

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

IMG_9959.jpg

The peace of Pattaya was interrupted in the early hours of this morning by the sound of a car crash on Bang Dej Hill, near the Map Prachan Reservoir in the Nongprue sub-district, Banglamung district, of Chon Buri province.

Notably, the Toyota Yaris had suffered a significant collision, evident from the damage inflicted and its final resting place against a tree at the side of the road. Just a short distance away, the Chevrolet Captiva lay equally battered, suggesting a rear-end collision with the Yaris.

Yet, the mystery deepened as no trace of the drivers could be found, leaving authorities to piece together the events from the wreckage left behind.

A glimmer of insight into the incident came from a 21 year old passerby, Suphakrit Asipong. According to Suphakrit, a modified pickup truck arrived at the scene shortly after the crash. A person from the truck removed one of the drivers from the scene, taking all the documents from the car before making a swift exit.

However, Asipong did not witness the second driver, adding to the enigma of the situation, reported Pattaya News.

Now, as police attempt to unravel the circumstances surrounding this peculiar event, the vehicle registrations are being checked to locate the owners and to shed light on the cause of the accident.

In related news, a motorbike carrying two young boys collided with a trailer truck yesterday afternoon in Pattaya. The older brother sadly lost his life while the younger one sustained minor injuries.

By Top

Caption: Picture courtesy of Pattaya News

Source: The Thaiger 2024-04-04

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

A private car race between "friends"?😳