PM says Move Forward’s claims of graft in defence spending lack evidence

snoop1130

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin said today that he was disappointed with opposition MPs’ criticisms of the Defence Ministry, particularly regarding bribery, which he described as a rerun of an old script which lacks supportive evidence.

If there wasn't any graft I'd be surprised.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

particularly regarding bribery, which he described as a rerun of an old script which lacks supportive evidence.

Oh they are good at this, been going on for generations! Kaching kaching! :jap:

Edited by 2baht
  • Agree 1

There's one thing the corrupt generals are very good at and that's corruption. Paper and electroinic money trials would be very well disguised would be my guess. Hopefully something or someone comes forward at some stage but I doubt it.

GT-200, airships, aircraft carrier without aircraft, sunk frigate, submarine without engine...

The Thai military is not immune to the greed and desire to steal the citizen's money to enrich themselves. It's baked into the Thai pysche.

Hard to Defend Thailand’s Defence Procurement

The Thai government is spending more, and more opaquely, on defence procurement.

https://fulcrum.sg/hard-to-defend-thailands-defence-procurement/

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

a rerun of an old script which lacks supportive evidence.

Let's look at that re-run:

"Ruling Thai military finds self innocent in graft case"

Nov. 2015  https://www.aa.com.tr/

• "Internal review into $20 million statue park devoted to history of Thai monarchy finds no corruption by military officers"
  • "There is no need for an investigation by the National Anti Corruption Commission" 

• "ruling junta would not open the park's books for an audit, or disclose how much the park had cost."

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The prime minister said allegations of graft had been raised on several occasions during the general debate, adding that he challenges the opposition to produce evidence to substantiate the allegations, because he wants to eliminate corruption as well.

I like his and his govt's jokes. Gives me always a laugh😂🤗🤣🥳

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 0ffshore360 said:

Is that a challenge to dig out evidence ? Anutin is looking either very apprehensive or fatigued  or both .

He has mumps.  Even former Ministers of Health can pick up this bug.....😷.

5 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

He has mumps.  Even former Ministers of Health can pick up this bug.....😷.

But he is seated ! I have been led to believe mumps in adult men presents like a low blow !

1 minute ago, 0ffshore360 said:

But he is seated ! I have been led to believe mumps in adult men presents like a low blow !

He's wearing 'elephant pants' out of sight to show his patriotism and accomodate swollen glands.....😋

• Haha 2