Bangkok Pattaya hospital Dental

georgegeorgia

Quick question , Any good stories in the BPH dental departments 

I need root canal and thinking in all my list to cross that a big hospital is better than a small dental surgery

Apparently there is even a public hospital dentists somewhere 

They will have the latest equipment,time, staff etc , although and it's not overly important but I expect to pay more baht possiblity than a small dentist 

What's your experiences with hospital dentists there ?

For root canal and crown 

Edited by georgegeorgia

ive used both small and large companies both did the  work ok all in Bangkok ,Smile dental centre ( not smile signature also at seacon) ,seacon square srinakarin road  cheap all good, and Asavanant expensive but they gave me IV intravenous sedation the ONLY place ive ever  found that does it 

Haven't done root canal, but plenty of other things with a family. Go there all the time , no complaints.

I've priced treatment up before and they are there in the same ball park.

Edited by sungod
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

In my 20 years full-time in Thailand my observation:

When you go to a dental clinic, they want to give you a lecture. Why are you doing this and not that? You are doing everything wrong. That was not my original work so how can I repair it?

When you go to a hospital dental department ( 2 different hospitals now), they do the work you requested and that's it. 

Very true.  And in most cases am older person is far better off in the long run with an implant than getting root canal which comes back later, especially if not done well and if the damage to the tooth causing the infection is not repaired completely.  And in my experience, Dentists in Thailand clinics will want to do a root canal for the smallest of reasons - not just for massive infection and tissue damage (more money).  These days a course of appropriate antibiotics can heal a minor infection.  Root canal therapy is something that really is less and less needed as you get older - someone in the 20s 30s should generally try to save the tooth, but someone in the 60s 70s should generally remove and replace it.  I was diagnosed with Sjrogens very late in life (50s) and that causes teeth decay no matter how good you try to look after them - it is very prevalent in western causcasians (UK etc.). I have had a huge experience in dealing with dentists since I was a boy - in my 50s a new dentist (good one) after hearing my 'stroy' suggested I get tested for Sjrogens. IMO most Dentists are making money by doing treatments that results in repeat business. 

• Like 1

I had a root canal done there...... can't say I enjoyed the experience but it all went reasonably smoothly, no complaints. I did get a temporary crown done by them as my own dentist could do that job somewhat cheaper.

I have been going to BPH for dential treatment for 12 years and would highly recommend. Had root canal treatment and crown fitted. One big plus is they keep your dental records and that is the first thing the dentist looks at on the screen before the start any treatment (even a clean and polish). Normaly they take an full mouth xray on your first visit, only about 300 Bht it will then be available to check as a permanant reference.

Some people have a problem with paying 220 bht for the small medical check of blood pressue and weight. This is to ensure you are in a fit condition to have treatment.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

ive used both small and large companies both did the  work ok all in Bangkok ,Smile dental centre ( not smile signature also at seacon) ,seacon square srinakarin road  cheap all good, and Asavanant expensive but they gave me IV intravenous sedation the ONLY place ive ever  found that does it 

Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai also offers IV sedation.  Contact the highly competent Dr Pawak Tungthangthum; excellent pre- and post-operative care.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Very true.  And in most cases am older person is far better off in the long run with an implant than getting root canal which comes back later, especially if not done well and if the damage to the tooth causing the infection is not repaired completely.  And in my experience, Dentists in Thailand clinics will want to do a root canal for the smallest of reasons - not just for massive infection and tissue damage (more money).  These days a course of appropriate antibiotics can heal a minor infection.  Root canal therapy is something that really is less and less needed as you get older - someone in the 20s 30s should generally try to save the tooth, but someone in the 60s 70s should generally remove and replace it.  I was diagnosed with Sjrogens very late in life (50s) and that causes teeth decay no matter how good you try to look after them - it is very prevalent in western causcasians (UK etc.). I have had a huge experience in dealing with dentists since I was a boy - in my 50s a new dentist (good one) after hearing my 'stroy' suggested I get tested for Sjrogens. IMO most Dentists are making money by doing treatments that results in repeat business. 

Very interesting points 

I only have a 6 week stay in Pattaya coming up so may have to get the root canal and crown instead of the new tooth (unless I get a denture)

I had no idea that the infection could reoccur 

I will have to research exactly what a root canal is ,I'm just going on what my Australian dentist told me 

My upper right side middle tooth is infected apparently but no pain maybe I don't even need a root canal,?

I will have to research all this

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, yang123 said:

Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai also offers IV sedation

Ah, that's what it was. I was sitting in the dental office when a gurney wheeled out with what I perceived as a corpse. My immediate question to myself: Did he get a discount?

• Haha 1

How do you know exactly when you need a root canal?

The Australian dentist I went to hit the tooth with his instrument, any pain he said " yes I said you keep hitting it with your instrument

He said you need a root canal old man !

13 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Quick question , Any good stories in the BPH dental departments 

I need root canal and thinking in all my list to cross that a big hospital is better than a small dental surgery

Apparently there is even a public hospital dentists somewhere 

They will have the latest equipment,time, staff etc , although and it's not overly important but I expect to pay more baht possiblity than a small dentist 

What's your experiences with hospital dentists there ?

For root canal and crown 

almost every government hospital has a dental office in it. It is cheaper and they are trained professionals. However you need to go early morning to get a queue if any are available for that day

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thesetat said:

almost every government hospital has a dental office in it. It is cheaper and they are trained professionals. However you need to go early morning to get a queue if any are available for that day

Yes I believe there is a public dental hospital just out of Pattaya 

11 hours ago, newnative said:

I have the best dentist I have ever had, both here and in the US, at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya.  Just terrific.  She's done both fillings and crowns, plus the usual check-ups and cleaning.  I like that she doesn't push the expensive choice.  Recently I had part of a tooth break and she told me she could do a crown but she thought she could also do just a filling and that should be ok, too.  I'd never go anywhere else for dental care.

How about sharing her name?? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

How do you know exactly when you need a root canal?

The Australian dentist I went to hit the tooth with his instrument, any pain he said " yes I said you keep hitting it with your instrument

He said you need a root canal old man !

Most small infections in a tooth can be sorted out with antibiotics. I played soccer with a bloke and he was my dentist for a few years - he said it is usually unecessary and is 'old school' mentality toi immediately undertake that proceedure.  Only absolutely needed if the tooth nerve canal has become seriously infected - which can only really be seen via high quality imaging (\- not the crap old xray devices most dentists have in Thailand - I have been in one clinic where I they wanted me to go into an xray room and wear a lead cover jacket! (I smiled said sorry and walked out).  Look at their chairs - is it modern and have an imaging device and does the chair/room have computer screen/s. 

Looking for similar advice in Hau Hin

Anyone had experiences with root canal treatment with any of the detail clinics or hospitals here in Hua Hin.

All comments really appreciated as I am about to enter into it next week at one of the clinics.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, HuaHinNew said:

Anyone had experiences with root canal treatment with any of the detail clinics or hospitals here in Hua Hin.

All comments really appreciated as I am about to enter into it next week at one of the clinics.

Don't start pushing in here !

Don't come into my thread and  start asking questions about HH , this is my thread and about Pattaya!

Your selfish ,you push in front of people, so selfish person , go to the HH section and stop trying to push in !

You do this in supermarkets and you think you can do it here to me ! 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, HuaHinNew said:

Suggest you post in the Hua Hin and Cha-Am forum too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Yes thanks guys 

It's I must say in all my analytical wisdom , the amount of dentists in Pattaya is staggering if I can use that word description for my upcoming Root canal surgery , 

I'm particularly interested in a hospital type setting though .

Compiling analysis information, all to some degree with a high ratio using the word "Smile" in their business name.

One thing I'm excited about is to compile a list of all the dentists in Pattaya who are using the words "SMile " in their name , I will make graphs of this and compare .

I must study the Bangkok Pattaya website and do far more research ,thanks to all for the wisdom and knowledge you have ingested

Edited by georgegeorgia

• 2 weeks later...