Forum upgrade in progress! Γ—

This Songkran is all about pumping

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I don't mind the children playing as it is fun for them.

Β 

Pretty sure it's fun for the adults playing, too.

Β 

That said, I understand that no one wants to be forced into playing a game they don't want to play.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This guy in BKK is ready(just a little early). Β Now he has time to upgrade his equipment. Β Apparently he thought the water gun fights would last for 3 weeks and not 3 days. Β The article says he is a visitor from China.Β 

image.jpeg

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Haha 1

And the Bangkok Post had this story yesterday, with the government furiously back pedalling and saying that the water splashing is for 3 DAYS only, and NOT for the much vaunted 3 WEEKS of the festival.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

This guy in BKK is ready(just a little early). Β Now he has time to upgrade his equipment. Β Apparently he thought the water gun fights would last for 3 weeks and not 3 days. Β The article says he is a visitor from China.Β 

image.jpeg

Struth I really do dislike the Chinese.

Β 

On 4/6/2024 at 12:27 PM, george said:

This Songkran is all about being Automatic πŸ˜ŠπŸ™πŸ”«πŸ’¦ No more pumping lol

Water sports without any pumping? Sounds like you might need a quick refresher course from the bedroom bully. 😝

On 4/6/2024 at 3:10 PM, billd766 said:

And the Bangkok Post had this story yesterday, with the government furiously back pedalling and saying that the water splashing is for 3 DAYS only, and NOT for the much vaunted 3 WEEKS of the festival.

There was no "furious back-pedalling", it has always been made clear to anyone who actually read what was published about the "new" Songkran that the only water-throwing days were the normal three or four official mad days, it has never been promoted that there would be three weeks of water fights.Β 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2024 at 12:37 PM, billd766 said:

This Songkran is the same as all the other Songkran's.

Β 

It is simply a way of making money, wasting billions of litres of water down the drain and bears no resemblance to the real Songkran.

Β 

It appeals to stupid people, I know, I was one years ago in Bangkok and my early days in rural Thailand, and to children. I don't mind the children playing as it is fun for them.

What money? Every small business I know has shut up shop and fled ??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jim1000 said:

What money? Every small business I know has shut up shop and fled ??

Ask all the businesses down in Khao San road and in all the other tourist areas rghar the government sanctioned if they closed down.

Β 

Probably half the shops out here in rural Kamphaeng Phet were closed and the other half were open.

Β 

All of the 7/11 shops were open as normal and probably all the beer shops too. The Monday market in the village was open as normal.