Ban laem border run

I just thought I would share my experience doing a border run to Cambodia.

By far the smoothest run ever! Even though it was crazy busy (or maybe because of it) everything went smoothly and quickly. Farangs have separate lines which was quickly done coming and going. Not one question asked. Probably because of songkran, it was packed on both sides. Only thing was that they charged me 1500 baht for the visa on arrival instead of the usual 1300 baht, reason given: Thai baht has gone down.

Last time I did it at ban pakkad, which left me wondering if they would even let me through. Got a lot of questions and looks. "Who told you about this border?" "What are you doing in Cambodia?" "What are you doing in Thailand?" "How long you staying in Cambodia?" 

So yeah ban laem for me from now on.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

They have a pretty talkative female IO at the  Pakkard crossing. Probably just showing off her English, rather than grilling you. 

1500 Baht for the Cambodian VOA. Wow. 

I always pay 30 $, which is 1100 Baht at the moment 

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for report. 

To be clear (which it was) you did not use border run company.

Here is another thread for border run from Pattaya. 

May be of use to some folk

https://aseannow.com/topic/1312731-border-run-pattaya-to-cambodia/

Exactly, went on my own. There are many companies in Pattaya that do this for around 3k. Cambodia inter tour & travel are a reliable one.

• 3 weeks later...

Do they let you return to Thailand on the same day if not using an agent? Or do they insist on the "at least stay one night" made-up rule they spout at piopet?

I have used this border before a few years back but did it with an agency no issues. However this time there's 4 of us and quoting like 4k each for my wife and kids passports and 3k for mine. so like 15k total for a border bounce.

I have a car so I could just drive there and pay $30 each for visas and spend like 500 baht on fuel and save myself like over 10k doing it myself.