Heads-up: New requirements (?) for visa extension (marriage) at Chaeng Wattana, Bangkok

21 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

but what really pees me off after submitting my 26 documents 12 glossy photos signed my name 61 times, they then Scan it all into there data bass.

Do they? I just guessed it all went into the circular filing cabinet.

2 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Do they? I just guessed it all went into the circular filing cabinet.

Being a cardboard box. Well they were busy scanning doc's as I being the last out saw them doing. 

12 hours ago, brianthainess said:

They always try that on with me at Trat IO, "oh its so much paperwork  winge winge....." As I told them don't blame me your the one's that want it, and if I'm sick will you pay my hospital bill as I can't take my money out? 

They don't like the work involved, but what really pees me off after submitting my 26 documents 12 glossy photos signed my name 61 times, they then Scan it all into there data bass. Thailand 0.000004

The whole concept of computerisation and going digital is to eliminate paperwork but unfortunately your right, the Thai just can't understand it.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

I would stick to the married extension if you qualify. The retirement extension is more likely to be subject to future changes and tougher requirements during Thailand's periodic crack downs on foreigners.

Without any knowledge that this will be the case, I agree with you. Might be faulty reasoning but I think leaning on those supporting Thai families would not go over well with the Thai families. Would the Thai government want to threaten my Wife and Stepdaughter's wellbeing ... I don't think they will want to get her fighting mad.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lucian said:

she will only accept photostated copies of the documents BUT NOT SCANNED COPIES.

?

Wonder whether this would retire my laser printer/scanner?

How exactly do they distinguish?

Only accepting copies made at the office to earn a few Baht or what?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Liquorice said:

An updated KR2/22 has been a requirement for a few years.

K.2?  Yeah - that's proves you're marriage is still on the books.
K.22 That's your freaking original marriage certificate.  It's stupid to ask for a new one.

Unless - Well yeah, what is the purpose of all these new and improved regulations aimed at foreign men with Thai wives who have been married for years.  Harassment. Racism. Sexism. 

A foreign woman married to a Thai man?  She's the jewel of a Thai nuclear family who is to be valued and respected as well as offered a path to citizenship.

A foreign man married to a Thai women?  Nothing but a national security risk, a beggar, and a fake who is not to be trusted (after 10, 15, 20+ years of marriage), who is not respected as anything but a sneaky foreign male cheater and who must be harassed continually and offered an annual boot in the ass out of the country.  The corollary to that is that the wives and children are also looked down upon and considered to be little but buffalo by Thai authorities who would be happy to see their husbands and fathers (who are only visiting remember) permanently kicked out of the country.  The message being:  Marry a Thai man girls or suffer the consequences. And from what I've seen lately this is only getting worse.  The harassment.

25 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

How exactly do they distinguish?

There is no way they can distinguish.  The "photoscanned" copy using a home printer/scanner/photocopier produces copies that are as good, and in many cases better, as a commercial photocopier. 
A commercial photocopiers picks up a "static" image on a drum, then toner which is applied to the paper.
A home photocopier picks up a digital image that is applied to a drum, then toner which is applied to the paper. 
The only difference is how the image is picked up on the drum.  So this is Buffalo-poo.   💩

I don't know how many times over the last 17 years I've had my copies done on a commercial copier only to get copies that are near unreadable (too much toner, too little toner, dirty drum, etc).  Commercial copiers get heavy use.  A home copier does not and can be personally maintained to provide superior copies. 

But they are going to say they can tell the difference?  And Ox-poo too.    💩

What you'll probably next experience is that you'll be required to get photocopies from only "approved" (connected) commercial copy shops and then provide receipts.  Cha-ching  Occam's Razor. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, connda said:

What you'll probably next experience is that you'll be required to get photocopies from only "approved" (connected) commercial copy shops and then provide receipts.  Cha-ching  Occam's Razor.

Yea that's what I mean with "copies at the office". 5 or 10 Baht/copy :tongue:

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yea that's what I mean with "copies at the office". 5 or 10 Baht/copy :tongue:

I think the correct response if they ask you, "Did you copy these on a home printer/scanner/copier," is "No I didn't.  I had them done at a Somchai's copy shop in town."

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, connda said:

There is no way they can distinguish.  The "photoscanned" copy using a home printer/scanner/photocopier produces copies that are as good, and in many cases better, as a commercial photocopier. 
A commercial photocopiers picks up a "static" image on a drum, then toner which is applied to the paper.
A home photocopier picks up a digital image that is applied to a drum, then toner which is applied to the paper. 
The only difference is how the image is picked up on the drum.  So this is Buffalo-poo.   💩

I don't know how many times over the last 17 years I've had my copies done on a commercial copier only to get copies that are near unreadable (too much toner, too little toner, dirty drum, etc).  Commercial copiers get heavy use.  A home copier does not and can be personally maintained to provide superior copies. 

But they are going to say they can tell the difference?  And Ox-poo too.    💩

I think you are missing the point.

I suspect what was meant is they just want straight photocopies of an original, not a print from image that has be scanned into a computer, which could have been digitally altered.

It would be fairly obvious that many of my docs are prints rather than photocopies.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

would be fairly obvious that many of my docs are prints rather than photocopies.

I can print the copy button on my laser printer and get worse results than scan/print.

If they desire so they can have.

Don't forget that as far as I know you need to show the original document for every copy that you supply.

You sign every copy as saying it's correct / unaltered.

As if that is not enough...

Paranoid harassment 

Edited by KhunBENQ

15 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I can print the copy button on my laser printer and get worse results than scan/print.

If they desire so they can have.

Don't forget that as far as I know you need to show the original document for every copy that you supply.

You sign every copy as saying it's correct / unaltered.

As if that is not enough...

Paranoid harassment 

I was only pointing out how I thought the comment I replied to had been a misinterpretation, no need for the rant.

I have all the documents stored on the computer and just print them out for various requirements in various countries.

Probably another office variable and a bit meaningless unless my office take the same approach.

Glad my office doesn't want an original document for every copy, that really would make life difficult.  Living in the sticks very unlikely that every original for financials would ever reach Thailand.

On 4/10/2024 at 11:33 AM, Sophon said:

Kor Ror 2 and Kor Ror 22 both show your current marriage status, K.R. 2 is for Thai marriages while K.R. 22 is for marriages performed abroad and subsequently registered in Thailand.

The original, flowery marriage certificate is Kor Ror 3.

Ahhhh - my bust.  I stand corrected.  :thumbsup: