UK visa application for my niece

Hello

My niece would like to visit the UK next year with her grandmother, do you do the visa application in the same way as you would for an adult? Her grandmonther has visted the UK about 6 times now and there has never been any issue in getting her a visa my niece will be 10 years old at the time. Does she need any letters from her parents confirming that she is allowed to leave Thailand with her grandmother? any advice would be most welcome.

Thank you

1 hour ago, spinner343 said:

My niece would like to visit the UK next year with her grandmother, do you do the visa application in the same way as you would for an adult? Her grandmonther has visted the UK about 6 times now and there has never been any issue in getting her a visa my niece will be 10 years old at the time.

I haven't had exactly the same setup as you wrt to Thais getting a UK Visa, but I think in general it will be the same process. The UK Visa online application stuff is quite comprehensive, and I expect it would adjust to the age of the applicant (your niece) accordingly by prompting for the relevant info at form-filling time, and mentioning stuff in the list of documents when it comes to going to the Visa agency.

1 hour ago, spinner343 said:

Does she need any letters from her parents confirming that she is allowed to leave Thailand with her grandmother? any advice would be most welcome.

Perhaps. In my case, whenever my daughter left my previous country without me, but with my wife, I would have to provide a signed letter authorising she could leave the country with my wife - this is because we kept our surnames, and my daughter got my surname. This put the passport control on the exit side on alert.

This info was not mentioned as a Visa application requirement.

Edited by BeastOfBodmin