Thaksin in Chiang Mai again

webfact

image.jpeg

Former PM Thaksin Shinawatra visits Chiang Mai province yesterday for the second time after being freed on parole in February.

Convicted former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra will provide an opportunity for those who wish to meet him and offer him Songkran blessings tomorrow in Chiang Mai.

Thaksin, who was freed on parole from a prison sentence he was serving for corruption, travelled by private jet to his hometown of Chiang Mai yesterday.

Tomorrow’s event will take place at the residence of Yaowaret Shinawatra, his younger sister.

This visit to the province is his second since being granted parole on February 19. The Corrections Department approved his release, finding that he met the parole criteria, specifically relating to old age and serious illnesses.

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-04-15

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 2

I thought they just returned and had fallen sick due to covid / pollution, the pollution is like just as bad now as the last time he was here too. Populism at its best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

Convicted guy leaves the country comes back 15 years later in his private golf stream jet worth over 65 million and it treated like a hero. I must be missing something here. I guess it pays to be corrupt here in the land of smiles TIT.

You are missing something if you didn't understand this before Thaksin already hehe.

Thais are all the same, if you would tell you stole 20 people their retirement funds and destroyed their entire family, a few years back in the west, but you now changed and went to a temple for 2 weeks, they will love you, and you being rich. 

Some would deny to like this or be the same, upon asking them, until it actually happens in their real life + they also benefit from it.

This is the real Thai culture: you simply don't mention it and take the money. Don't think too much, sabzi sabzi.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

Convicted guy leaves the country comes back 15 years later in his private golf stream jet worth over 65 million and it treated like a hero. I must be missing something here. I guess it pays to be corrupt here in the land of smiles TIT.

I see your TIT and I raise TIUK, TIUS, TID, TIF, TIB, TIRU, ... and a hundred more.

• Confused 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

I see your TIT and I raise TIUK, TIUS, TID, TIF, TIB, TIRU, ... and a hundred more.

What about I see your 'TI's and I raise TIBS...

Pointless, eh?

• Agree 1