Top Regional Police Inspect Pattaya Area Police Checkpoints for Songkran

webfact

image.jpeg

Banglamung, Pattaya – In a concerted effort to ensure public safety during the Songkran Festival, Police Major General Surajit Chingnawan, also known as “Burapha 3,” Deputy Commander of Police Region 2, visited several police stations in the Chonburi area to oversee the implementation of strict traffic policies.

The visit on the afternoon of April 14th was part of a broader initiative to enforce road safety regulations at key tourist attractions during Thailand’s traditional New Year celebrations. Major General Chingnawan inspected traffic checkpoints at Banglamung, Nong Prue, Pattaya City, and Na Jomtien police stations, where he also took the opportunity to boost the morale of the officers on duty.

In his address to the traffic police, Major General Chingnawan commended their dedication and outlined the enforcement of ten principal goals under the Traffic Act. The Royal Thai Police’s policy has been intensified to include offenses such as failure to wear a helmet, seatbelt violations, and drunk driving.

By Adam Judd

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-04-15

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Royal Thai Police’s policy has been intensified to include offenses such as failure to wear a helmet, seatbelt violations, and drunk driving.

But only at Songkran.  :coffee1:

This must be big joke replacement. I see lots of tents out but no one in sight.

I just spent 7 days on the road, Pattaya to Tak and back lots of tents and cones but no inspections.

At one point heading Hwy 1 outside of Bangkok, traffic slowed cones out to merge through a single lane but no one was out checking :cheesy:

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Banglamung, Pattaya – In a concerted effort to ensure public safety during the Songkran Festival, Police Major General Surajit Chingnawan, also known as “Burapha 3,” Deputy Commander of Police Region 2, visited several police stations in the Chonburi area to oversee the implementation of strict traffic policies.

Is that the same "Police Force" who inpected Walking Street and found no prostitutes?

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, thailand49 said:

This must be big joke replacement. I see lots of tents out but no one in sight.

I just spent 7 days on the road, Pattaya to Tak and back lots of tents and cones but no inspections.

At one point heading Hwy 1 outside of Bangkok, traffic slowed cones out to merge through a single lane but no one was out checking :cheesy:

It's just too hot!!!!    Why would they leave an air-conditioned building to stand outside in this heat?😀

4 hours ago, Greenhill said:

It's just too hot!!!!    Why would they leave an air-conditioned building to stand outside in this heat?😀

True, so why the useless PR of going out to inspect. Inspect what and who?

I just drove by Nongprue two dozen men women dress up photo op under tent with frw giant fans. 

Hot so what is the excuses for christmas and new years 

22 hours ago, thailand49 said:

True, so why the useless PR of going out to inspect. Inspect what and who?

I just drove by Nongprue two dozen men women dress up photo op under tent with frw giant fans. 

Hot so what is the excuses for christmas and new years 

It's like so much here - just for show!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1