Yingluck’s Planned Homecoming Only Up To Thaksin: Ex-Democrat MP

webfact

I don't really understand the reason for most of these comments.

I take it that most who make these comments are expats.

We are all guests here in Thailand.

It is none of our business of ours as to what Thaskin his sister or anyone else does.

We are all here for different reasons.

I don't see Thai people blathering on about our countries.

The old saying.

If you cannot say anything constructive.

Shut up. 

Or go back to where you came from.

Be polite in your host country.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

She and Vorayuth Yoovidhya should fly in on the same private jet and turn themselves over to the authorities in order to spend a couple of years, a couple of months, a couple of days in a maximum security prison, a jail, a penthouse hospital suite before being release under reporting conditions less stringent that your normal long-stay expat.  Yep - justice awaits.  Come on back.  Freedom will soon be yours. Just show up.  You'll never have to rub shoulders with the commoners and riff-raff.  Special people, special justice.  Just like all over the rest of the world. 

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, webfact said:

WHETHER AND WHEN deposed prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra might eventually return home from self-exile abroad without being subsequently thrown into jail would only depend on her own brother/de facto Pheu Thai boss-cum-convict on parole Thaksin Shinawatra and nobody else.

Free pass for the Shinawatras nowadays. Simply "when" will she return? Anyone want to open a book of odds on what illness she will suddenly be stricken down with that requires a VIP suite at the Police General Hosptal in lieu of jail?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, connda said:

She and Vorayuth Yoovidhya should fly in on the same private jet and turn themselves over to the authorities in order to spend a couple of years, a couple of months, a couple of days in a maximum security prison, a jail, a penthouse hospital suite before being release under reporting conditions less stringent that your normal long-stay expat.

Really?  What has Vorayuth been convicted of, and sentenced to?

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

My guess is that part of the filthy deal that the toxic army made with the morally bankrupt PT, to be able to join the current coalition, was that both Thaksin and Yingluck would be able to return, completely free of the prospect of arrest or jail. So, it's probably just a matter of time before she returns. 

Leaving out the terminology "filthy deal", I agree.

6 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Two of three existing cases (Malfeasance/bidding on a project, Transfer of person) against her have been dismissed by the courts here.

The remaining case is the G2G Rice Scheme for which she was sentenced to five years (in absentia).

I think she'll get the Shinawatra Amnesty Deal, which by now has been standardized. Sentence reduced by Royal Decree to one year. Six-month maximum sentence. Can be served under house arrest.

Seems like she'll be back before the end of the year.

Agree but rather than calling it a "Shinawatra deal" I would call it a rebalancing deal after two separate coup d'etat removing the elected governments. I can only speculate but I am thinking part of the deal is the two Prime Ministers would be allowed to return and, those involved in the coups get immunity from prosecution.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Wrwest said:

Agree but rather than calling it a "Shinawatra deal" I would call it a rebalancing deal after two separate coup d'etat removing the elected governments. I can only speculate but I am thinking part of the deal is the two Prime Ministers would be allowed to return and, those involved in the coups get immunity from prosecution.

The Generals already have immunity.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1