Jump to content

Electrical short circuit almost causes a fire at former entertainment venue in Sattahip.


Georgealbert

Recommended Posts

At 7:40 p.m. on April 15, 2024, Pol. Lt. Col. Thammachanchit Sittisart, investigating inspector of Sattahip Police Station, was notified of a fire. Former Vega entertainment venue, Soi Sukhumvit 109, Sukkhajorn Village No. 4, Sattahip Subdistrict, Sattahip District, Chonburi Province.
 

After receiving the report, we rushed to investigate together. 5 fire trucks from Sattahip Municipality's Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department Disaster prevention and relief work, Khet Udomsak Subdistrict Municipality Sawangrojanathammasathan Foundation Rescue Unit

 

At the scene, smoke was billowing from inside the entertainment venue. Firefighters went to investigate. and hastened to exhaust the smoke without finding any light of fire It took more than 1 hour until the smoke was completely exhaled.

 

Initially, it was found that it was caused by the speaker unit area. and audio mixer Including sound insulation next to the large LED screen behind the stage. 

 

Therefore, water was used to control the heat until it was completely extinguished. During the incident, there was no one inside the entertainment venue,  there were no injuries at all.

IMG_2405.png

IMG_2406.png

IMG_2407.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, transam said:

No event, like the Wat car fire...........😋


Yes maybe if you think so, but probably a lot more damage and costs than an old Nissan NV pickup.

 

Again it seems to be an electrical problem on insulation, similar to Mountain B, but this time no injuries as the building was not in use.

 

I would have more concerns about this than an old car fire.

Edited by Georgealbert
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:


Yes maybe if you think so, but probably a lot more damage and costs than an old Nissan NV pickup.

 

Again it seems to be an electrical problem on insulation, similar to Mountain B, but this time no injuries as the building was not in use.

 

I would have more concerns about this that an old car.

Then you must look at electricity installations as a whole in LOS, which generally is appalling, together with no existent inspections.

 

Take extension leads on sale, that take 3 pin earthed wire plugs, but the wall socket plug on it only has 2 pins, so nothing is earth.........😂

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Then you must look at electricity installations as a whole in LOS, which generally is appalling, together with no existent inspections.

 

Take extension leads on sale, that take 3 pin earthed wire plugs, but the wall socket plug on it only has 2 pins, so nothing is earth.........😂

 

These are a few images of the believed seat of the fire. (Item first ignited)

 

I have not further details of the electrical systems, layout, design, maintenance, or loadings, so impossible to make a judgement.

 

The investigation and insurance company, I am sure, will determined the events and cause of why the fire started.

IMG_2412.jpeg

IMG_2410.jpeg

IMG_2409.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Georgealbert said:

. and hastened to exhaust the smoke without finding any light of fire It took more than 1 hour until the smoke was completely exhaled.

Ok then, The smoke was complexly exhaled, whatever that is supposed to mean. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Ok then, The smoke was complexly exhaled, whatever that is supposed to mean. 


Again words were copied from a Thai news report, hence I can not link as in Thai language.
 

It means that the building was smoke logged after the fire was extinguished, and PPV (positive pressure ventilation) fan was used to clear the building.

 

In the past a fire hose was used, with the water jet pointing out of the building to create a venturi effect to clear the smoke, called hydraulic ventilation.

 

 

IMG_2414.jpeg

IMG_2417.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Crikey, Georgealbert.

 

Great news reporting scoop. 👍

 

Are you replacing snoop1130 or webfact? 

 

 


Just had an unfair advantage on this one, live in this area and know some of the local fire team.

 

Have taken your advice and reported thread to be closed, thanks.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:


Just had an unfair advantage on this one, live in this area and know some of the local fire team.

 

Have taken your advice and reported thread to be closed, thanks.

So sad these fires. 

 

It was only a short time ago there was a fire at a Sattahip entertainment venue killing dozens of young people. 

 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

So sad these fires. 

 

It was only a short time ago there was a fire at a Sattahip entertainment venue killing dozens of young people. 

 


Yes that was Mountain B, August 2022, an illegally constructed club with inadequate means of escape (exits)

 

The small fire in the roof soon spread all over the building as it was lined with highly inflammable acoustic foam, leading to a smoke explosion (backdraft), hence why the videos of the incident shows people running from the building with their clothes on fire.

 

Many similar incidents in nightclubs have occurred worldwide. Google Station nightclub fire, that is a scary video.

 

 

IMG_2424.jpeg

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Lots of ambos to chase where I live, not into old red firetrucks! 


Surely it will depend on what has happened and what the emergency is, as to which is needed and most relevant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.





×
×
  • Create New...