Jump to content

Fire Breaks Out at Former Nightclub in Sattahip


webfact

Recommended Posts

image.jpeg

 

Sattahip, Chonburi — A fire broke out at a former nightclub in Sattahip, Chonburi, on April 15th, 2024. Nobody was injured.


At around 7:40 PM, the Sattahip Sawang Rojanatham Rescue Foundation received a report of a fire at the former Vega entertainment venue located on Soi Sukhumvit 109, Sattahip district, Chonburi province. Upon receiving the report, rescue teams and five fire trucks rushed to the scene.

 

Upon arrival, rescuers saw thick smoke billowing from the venue. They immediately entered the building and started to ventilate the smoke. However, there were no flames at the time of arrival.

 

By Aim Tanakorn

 

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-04-17

 

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe
 

image.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Please close my previous thread, as this is the same fire incident.

 

 

Best that you report (top right corner) your other thread so the mods will see that you want it closed. 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Here we are 1.5  years later and what was learned from the miserable suffering and 20 or so deaths back then at The Mountain B, nothing.

Yes, lucky no-one was inside at the time.. smoke kills.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Here we are 1.5  years later and what was learned from the miserable suffering and 20 or so deaths back then at The Mountain B, nothing.


This fire had zero injuries and other than the suspected electrical cause, has very little in common with Mountain B, there was no flammable linings, enough fire exits, no blocked exits and was a legal premises.

 

Are you saying this is just a Sattahip or Thailand problem? Lots of nightclub fires worldwide.

 

Here are some of the more serious ones.

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nightclub_fires

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Are you saying this is just a Sattahip or Thailand problem? Lots of nightclub fires worldwide.

Stop deflecting.

I am saying it is a lack of focus and monitoring when a fire can occur in the same small town as a previous major, recent incident, again in a night venue. I don't care what the rest of the world is doing as this is a local forum. 

  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Stop deflecting.

I am saying it is a lack of focus and monitoring when a fire can occur in the same small town as a previous major, recent incident, again in a night venue. I don't care what the rest of the world is doing as this is a local forum. 


Total nonsense. Both fires were in Sattahip, but in different districts and little in common.

 

Do you have any idea how a fire inspection works?

 

At best any inspection would take place once a year, unless there is complaints about the place.

 

Those inspections will look at life safety measures, means of escape, available exits, clear exit routes, unlocked exits, fire extinguishers, emergency signage, emergency lighting, staff training, etc. Life safety in this case worked, no one was injured 

 

So please explain how you expect those inspections would have prevented this fire occurring, which is suspected to have started in an electrical device.

 

The examples of worldwide incidents was to hi-light that this can occur anywhere. But that would prevent the normal Thai bashing.

 

It is so funny to be lectured by someone, who offers no solutions and just rants, which clearly shows they have no experience, knowledge, training or qualifications on the subject.

 

I look forward to a reply as to what you suggest is needed.

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

the roof    the roof    the roof is on fire!!!...we dont need no water let the M* burn!   🙂


More nonsense, the fire at Mountain B started in the roof. External firefighting of this type of roof fire is difficult, as roofs are designed to be a waterproof barrier.

 

Maybe ensure you take you medication before coming on the forum and embrassing yourself, proving daily your as sharp as a marble.

  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Georgealbert said:


More nonsense, the fire at Mountain B started in the roof. External firefighting of this type of roof fire is difficult, as roofs are designed to be a waterproof barrier.

 

Maybe ensure you take you medication before coming on the forum and embrassing yourself, proving daily your as sharp as a marble.

its a song dummy..relax....feel free to hover over my avatar and click "ignore"....breathe

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Maybe ensure you take you medication before coming on the forum and embrassing yourself, proving daily your as sharp as a marble.

oops sorry left my meds on your night stand when you were out..can you have the Mrs bring it with her to my crib tonight....thanks in advance...also turn on your spell check...

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

the roof    the roof    the roof is on fire!!!...we dont need no water let the M* burn!   🙂

protip for the musically illiterate..its a song lyric......take a deep breath....or flame me...up to u

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

its a song dummy..relax....feel free to hover over my avatar and click "ignore"....breathe


So funny being called a dummy by you, forget the meds, maybe carry a plant with you always, to help replace the oxygen. 

 

So you think it is funny or amusing , that 25 people died in a fire and the only thing that comes into your head is a song?

 

So you think I should ignore you, is that your aim? Trying posting something that is constructive or shows some critical thinking or stick in the pub forum.

 

Bye and have a good day, as I will be.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Stop deflecting.

I am saying it is a lack of focus and monitoring when a fire can occur in the same small town as a previous major, recent incident, again in a night venue. I don't care what the rest of the world is doing as this is a local forum. 

I agree - ignore the trolls. The problem in Thailand, unlike most other places and who cares there anyway, is that here they get away with it and then open a new one - and on and on and on it goes. That is why nowadays the 'owner' is never actually the owner - they use someone (usually in the broad family) and once it is set up they pull back and take in the cash - pushing the 'owner' for more and more profits.  

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I agree - ignore the trolls. The problem in Thailand, unlike most other places and who cares there anyway, is that here they get away with it and then open a new one - and on and on and on it goes. That is why nowadays the 'owner' is never actually the owner - they use someone (usually in the broad family) and once it is set up they pull back and take in the cash - pushing the 'owner' for more and more profits.  


So funny, you think my post was trolling? Do you even understand the word?

 

I will ask you the same question I asked the poster you replied to, as I am interested to be educated.

 

Details I am looking for;

 

1. What inspections should have taken place?

2. Who should have done the inspections?

3. What experience and qualifications would you expect the inspector to have?

4. How often should these inspections take place?

5. Should the inspection be life safety or property protection types of inspections?

6. What minimum standards would you expect to find on electrical devices?

7. How would you expect them to test any coverings or insulation found?

8. What legislation and regulations under the Thai criminal code or building codes would allow enforcement?

9. Which department do you think should be issuing licenses to these premises?

10. Should the premises have to show valid insurance during an inspection, and should that insurance company also inspect?

11. What suitable fire safety guidance would be best suited, NFPA, BS, EU, IFC, IFSS, etc.?

12. What types of premises should receive these inspections?

13. Should all premises have their own fire risk management plans?

14.Should all staff receive suitable training on what do if a fire occurs, fire extinguishers, means of escape, raising the alarm, etc.?

15. In additional to safety inspections, do you expect the local fire services to do operational inspections?

 

Not expecting answers to all, but it would be good some good constructive ideas and not just bland statements on ‘focus and monitoring’ or claims of ‘not the real owner’.

 

I am sure no one wants to see fire deaths, but how far is anyone expecting safety standards to go? Many places I have visited in Pattaya, are in my view not safe, and I never stay, but I would never consider or expect the standards to meet my own country. Even with good fire safety standards, building regulations, licensing laws, and regular inspections, the UK still has fires

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Georgealbert said:


So funny, you think my post was trolling? Do you even understand the word?

 

I will ask you the same question I asked the poster you replied to, as I am interested to be educated.

 

Details I am looking for;

 

1. What inspections should have taken place?

2. Who should have done the inspections?

3. What experience and qualifications would you expect the inspector to have?

4. How often should these inspections take place?

5. Should the inspection be life safety or property protection types of inspections?

6. What minimum standards would you expect to find on electrical devices?

7. How would you expect them to test any coverings or insulation found?

8. What legislation and regulations under the Thai criminal code or building codes would allow enforcement?

9. Which department do you think should be issuing licenses to these premises?

10. Should the premises have to show valid insurance during an inspection, and should that insurance company also inspect?

11. What suitable fire safety guidance would be best suited, NFPA, BS, EU, IFC, IFSS, etc.?

12. What types of premises should receive these inspections?

13. Should all premises have their own fire risk management plans?

14.Should all staff receive suitable training on what do if a fire occurs, fire extinguishers, means of escape, raising the alarm, etc.?

15. In additional to safety inspections, do you expect the local fire services to do operational inspections?

 

Not expecting answers to all, but it would be good some good constructive ideas and not just bland statements on ‘focus and monitoring’ or claims of ‘not the real owner’.

 

I am sure no one wants to see fire deaths, but how far is anyone expecting safety standards to go? Many places I have visited in Pattaya, are in my view not safe, and I never stay, but I would never consider or expect the standards to meet my own country. Even with good fire safety standards, building regulations, licensing laws, and regular inspections, the UK still has fires

Calm down George - I was agreeing with you and your response to that other troll who thinks deaths are funny.

My advice - back it down a few notches - you are getting far too angry about something you cannot change - and stop throwing punches at your friends or you will eventually have none.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry if I misread or misunderstood your comment, not anger, just like to speak straight. 

 

I think Thailand is changing, and that change will only be driven by Thais’ themself.

 

The Mountain B fire was a tragedy, but even if had been inspected, I don’t how it would have prevented the loss of lives. The inflammable wall coverings were required for sound insulation and maybe even the supplier was unaware of the dangers it posed. Station night club fire,USA, happened in the same circumstances.

 

The deaths at Mountain B, were caused by the smoke explosion (backdraft) where the customers were caught in superheated smoke and flames. Sadly I have seen the pictures of the victims, on the main exit route and the toilets, and it clearly shows massive flash burns over the bodies, but not deep burns, like you would expect if the body had a long fire exposure.

 

I am still interested in anyones views on how their think safety can, should or needs to be improved in this area, but how that would be realistically achieved.

 

Again apologises if I misunderstood you reply.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Total nonsense. Both fires were in Sattahip, but in different districts and little in common.

Troll with an kids fire helmet on! Ignored. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Troll with an kids fire helmet on! Ignored. 


5555555

 

So as expected, zero constructive input, just more loud mouth Thai bashing, name calling comments!

 

Such a big man, so thin-skinned, has to put me on ignore, for calling out your ill informed, unqualified rant.

 

Bye and try to have a good day.

Edited by Georgealbert
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another small fire in Sattahip today, wonder who was to blame this time? District authority? Fire service? Or maybe the person doing the cooking?

 

Minor incident, but I am sure someone can find a suitable/unsuitable comment. 555555

 

At least no other news station will report this one.

IMG_2450.jpeg

IMG_2451.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where I come from in Australia we call these situations Jews stock takes. There's a large coffee shop around the corner from me in Naklua Road where a fire ocurred and since the rebuild it's totally deserted. Prior to the fire it was a very busy shop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

Where I come from in Australia we call these situations Jews stock takes. There's a large coffee shop around the corner from me in Naklua Road where a fire ocurred and since the rebuild it's totally deserted. Prior to the fire it was a very busy shop.


If this was a deliberate fire, I think the arsonist was rather incompetent.

 

The seat of this fire was a electrical device, not a common way to start a deliberate fire. The damage was limited to a small area of fire and heat damage around the seat of the fire, and most of the damage was from smoke.The premises has not been in use for a time, so if or how valid any insurance claim/payment would be is questionable.


The arsonist normally wants to produce a maximum of destruction and for a large, spreading fire you would need the availability of fuel, proper ventilation, and reliable ignition. So you would expect to find evidence of more combustible material at the seat of the fire, normally more than one seat of fire, and possible evidence of an accelerant being used,

 

Arson and insurance claims fires do occur, but are normally a lot easier to detect and investigate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...