Where to get new Thai ID card in Pattaya?

NewGuy

My Thai wife needs a new ID, the old ones expired near the first of the month. Given the realities of this Songkran month, when would the earliest date be? I hope she could get it at a counter and not wait for the post office to deliver it.

Any Amphur, any where can issue a new ID. Beware though, my g/f also expired ID and her Mother had to pitch up with her, and her Birth Certificate,  before they would issue a new one, because for some reason, the thumb print ID didn't work. Apparently, if you are legally married, the husband can vouge for the wife, on production of the M cert. It was not at her Blue Book Amphur, but one in another City entirely. 

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Sorry but have you asked your wife? 

I can not believe an adult Thai dies not know how to get a new ID card, or have no friend she could ask.

In Pattaya, you can go to either Bang lumang District Office, on the Sukhumvit Road.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/puoXivhdovvo5cva7?g_st=il

Or Pattaya City Hall, North Pattaya Road.

Get a queue ticket number, scan her finger prints into the computer, have her image taken, pay (was about 100 baht), wait and collect new card.

And they take a new photo. 

1 hour ago, NewGuy said:

My Thai wife needs a new ID, the old ones expired near the first of the month. Given the realities of this Songkran month, when would the earliest date be? I hope she could get it at a counter and not wait for the post office to deliver it.

Is she registered here in Pattaya or is the expired card from her home province? 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

3 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Third chuckle of this week, no problem, blame the heat and Songkran like many other posters.

We had our village Songkran last night till 1 am, right outside 7/11. Today they have the pairing up of old people, some end up living together to care of each other, bless them. Whatever the opposite of speed dating is, this is it.  :cheesy: :cheesy:

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

We had our village Songkran last night till 1 am, right outside 7/11. Today they have the pairing up of old people, some end up living together to care of each other, bless them. Whatever the opposite of speed dating is, this is it.  :cheesy: :cheesy:

Can you get me an invite next year, only rich granny please, that can look after me. 555555

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Can you get me an invite next year, only rich granny please, that can look after me. 555555

Sure, my wife just asked me to go (heath volunteer) I told her but I already have an old lady, still she could check your pulse and BP to make sure you'd be up to it.  :cheesy: I think we've hijacked the op sorry all.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

I can not believe an adult Thai dies not know how to get a new ID card, or have no friend she could ask.

Believe me, the general Thai population are as clueless about the workings of government agencies as we farangs. They dispise them as much as we do. and suffer the same frustrations and inconsistences as we do. A Thai friend of mine, an academic, told me that civil servants here are the bottom of the food chain, lower even than farmers. 

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Believe me, the general Thai population are as clueless about the workings of government agencies as we farangs. They dispise them as much as we do. and suffer the same frustrations and inconsistences as we do. A Thai friend of mine, an academic, told me that civil servants here are the bottom of the food chain, lower even than farmers. 

I confirm that, most in my extended Thai family avoid Amphur and similar offices like the plague. Main reasons:

- Less than clear answers.

- Citizen often enough they know the answers given are wrong but any attempt to query the wrong answer ends up in abuse.

- Demands for money.

On the other hand my Thai son won't bide the above. Example, he took his Thai wife and 2 kids (14 and 11) to the local passport issuing office (Northern Thailand province). Aim: get new passport for himself (current p.port soon to expire), new passports for wife and 2 kids).

Initial response was negative all round.

Various excuses.  Some e.g.'s Son had 2 passports issued previously, p'port lady said 'too many, you have exceeded the the total allowed. have to wait 5 more years' Wife (30 years old, had every document invented with her. 'Cannot, her mother needs to sign that daughter can have a p'port'. Mother 500Km away.

2 Kids 'too young cannot issue p'ports (14 and 11)'. Son noticed an old uni friend walking away from the counter, his very young daughter 3 or 4  years old looking at her new p'port. Son asked his buddy if he would show his daughters p.port to the p.port lady son had been talking to.

Result lots of abuse. Supvr came to see what the problem was; son had to get strong with the errant p.port officer ant tell her to stop talking and listen. Supvr  confirmed that kids can have a Thai passport from 1 day old. And confirmed son's wife had sufficient document to get pp.port issued on the spot. And confirmed there is no limit on how may total passports can be issued to a Thai person.

Supvr took son to another desk and monitored the immediate issue of all the passports: son, wife, 2 kids.

Son then insisted on an apology from the errant officer which came quickly when the supvr instructed her to apologize.

She tried to give an excuse 'I've been busy all week and I need a quiet day'. Supvr told her her comment was unacceptable and to apologize to my son and his wife and then go home and wait for a phone call from the suprvr whether she was dismissed.

Edited by scorecard
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

On 4/17/2024 at 3:25 PM, NewGuy said:

your wi8fe should know, jesus

I called the Amphur yesterday at 10:00 a.m. They said to come today at 8:00. We arrived at 7:30, which was late because we joined a large line. At 8:00 the doors open and we got #119. We were told to come back at 1 pm. We stayed, had some Thai food outside, went back a waited a lot. The section at the back where they process id cards went quiet about 10:15. We changed chairs, sat not far from the 3-6 clerks who had no customers and put on a pitiful wait too long face. They gave their phones a lot of work. I tried to get processed but “wait for ! pm”. Some monks and a few others came by and were processed. The card holder gets a photo taken, waits after, gets called over, some have paperwork too. About 15 before noon a clerk expressed surprise my wife was waiting. They took her photo, after a wait she got her new card and paid the clerk 50 baht. Toot jep. If I have to go through that again I’ll do lots different.

We took Bolt from Pattaya Tai. You won’t get a hit on Bolt’s map if you’re looking for Amphur Banglamung. Place the destination pin yourself, looking on Suk going north:  it’s BANGLAMUNG DISTRICT OFFICE. Double check because there are a couple more government complexes down the road.

The phone number is 038-222-480. Google might lead you to others but the ones I found don’t work. Toot still jep.

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2024 at 7:14 AM, NewGuy said:

We took Bolt from Pattaya Tai. You won’t get a hit on Bolt’s map if you’re looking for Amphur Banglamung. Place the destination pin yourself, looking on Suk going north:  it’s BANGLAMUNG DISTRICT OFFICE.

Any reason you didn't go to City Hall on Nua?

I was just speaking to a Thai guy I have known for years 

He told me he had turned up 2 days in a row for his ID card and still hasn't got it yet !!

He was there 430am !!

He has to leave by 10am to start work so both days didn't get it

He has to go back Monday .

Seems a lot of hassle 

Edited by georgegeorgia