New Zealand PM Visits Thailand to Strengthen Ties

snoop1130

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

He should ask for 90 day Visa exempt entry for Nzs. 

I hear they are being shafted for expensive visas if they need more than 30 days..

Most kiwis come here for less than 2 weeks on holiday. The $300 for longer than 30 days is chickenfeed.

• Confused 1

I don't think soy-boy Luxon realises that Thais are not big on lamb consumption. Although I do believe a lot of Kiwi chicken feet find their way to Thailand.:coffee1:

Thailand forges ‘Strategic Partnership’ with New Zealand
by Puntid Tantivangphaisal

image.jpeg

Photo courtesy of  Bangkok Post

Thailand and New Zealand have vowed to embark on a historic “Strategic Partnership” journey by 2026, commemorating seven decades of diplomatic camaraderie, revealed government spokesman Chai Wacharonke yesterday.

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin rolled out the red carpet for New Zealand’s Premier Christopher Luxon at Government House, overseeing the signing of two game-changing Memorandums of Understanding.

The first pact is a pioneering educational alliance between Thailand’s Office of the Basic Education Commission and New Zealand’s esteemed Massey University. The second, is a robust commitment to aerial excellence, linking Thai Aviation Industries Co Ltd with New Zealand’s sky-soaring NZSkydive Limited.

Following the ink-on-paper ceremony, the dynamic duo graced a joint press conference, where Srettha hailed Luxon’s first visit to Thai shores in over a decade. Talks pivoted around bolstering cooperation and forging an unbreakable bond between the two nations.

Elevating the stakes, Luxon unveiled the “Prime Minister’s Fellowship,” poised to shape the destiny of the bilateral nexus leading up to the monumental 2026 milestone.

But the ambitions don’t stop there. Both nations pledged a united front against transnational threats, from trafficking to cyber-terrorism, while charting a course towards scientific supremacy in agri-tech, renewable energy, and beyond.

PM Srettha’s elation extended to economic prospects, foreseeing a floodgate of investments, and a tourism boom with streamlined visa processes and direct flights between the two nations, reported Bangkok Post.

Both leaders reaffirmed their commitment to global harmony, with New Zealand pledging to join Thailand in the Mekong Economic Cooperation Strategy, propelling them towards comprehensive strategic partnerships in the ASEAN region.

Source: The Thaiger 2024-04-18

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

image.jpeg

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

He should ask for 90 day Visa exempt entry for Nzs. 

I hear they are being shafted for expensive visas if they need more than 30 days..

Kiwi crims will love that.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, SmartyMarty said:

Most kiwis come here for less than 2 weeks on holiday. The $300 for longer than 30 days is chickenfeed.

Silly comment. Not to many on a budget (retired people who come for longer).... anyhow, they can get an extension for 1900 baht in Thailand. Then they need to look at a more flexible flight booking. 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Silly comment. Not to many on a budget (retired people who come for longer).... anyhow, they can get an extension for 1900 baht in Thailand. Then they need to look at a more flexible flight booking. 

Silly comment. So tell me just how many retired NZers come here for longer than 30 days? 

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, SmartyMarty said:

Silly comment. So tell me just how many retired NZers come here for longer than 30 days? 

I certainly know a few......I will go round LK Metro tomorrow night and count them.

• Haha 2

Maybe all the 501 crims about to get deported from Australia can be sent to Phuket instead of NZ? 

Could join up with their Ruskie friends. 

Then they could build a fence around it and call it a penal colony.

Edited by Korat Kiwi
  • Haha 1