Need help! Car registration certificate of residence

Hi all my situation is I'm on visa exempt and only a week left, but I also doing my car registration issues and cert-of residence is last thing I need. It's really urgent as I already submitted old plate to the DLT, if I couldn't finish before I leave might be super headache

So if anyone could confirm will be most appreciated: 

(1) If I go to Chaeng Watthana Immigration, the document for car registration cert-of residence is TM.18 right? 

(2) Could I do cert-of residence at Immigration with my visa exempt, short term stay? With my long-term contract everything of course but this time is on visa exempt. 

Edited by Coremouse
typo

6 hours ago, Coremouse said:

Hi all my situation is I'm on visa exempt and only a week left, but I also doing my car registration issues and cert-of residence is last thing I need. It's really urgent as I already submitted old plate to the DLT, if I couldn't finish before I leave might be super headache

So if anyone could confirm will be most appreciated: 

(1) If I go to Chaeng Watthana Immigration, the document for car registration cert-of residence is TM.18 right? 

(2) Could I do cert-of residence at Immigration with my visa exempt, short term stay? With my long-term contract everything of course but this time is on visa exempt. 

1. The document you mention is the right one as far as I know.

2. According to online sources you can not get a certificate of residence on 30 day visa exempt not 60 day tourist visa.

• Like 1

OP, you won't be able to obtain a certificate of residence from CW.

That office requires to have made a TM47 (90 day report) 

On visa exempt not possible.

Even if it was, the process takes approx one week.

It's mailed out.

No instant service available 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Not meaning to call out the OP, but can someone chime in whether it's really practical to buy and register a car on visa exempt status?

Possible, probably.  (Especially with the help of an agent, and/or in certain areas)  But is it really practical?  And if so, what's the process? 

As I recall from buying and registering a pickup on a WP, it was pretty involved and took over a month to smooth over all the paperwork required to do the transfer and registration.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, impulse said:

Not meaning to call out the OP, but can someone chime in whether it's really practical to buy and register a car on visa exempt status?

Possible, probably.  (Especially with the help of an agent, and/or in certain areas)  But is it really practical?  And if so, what's the process? 

As I recall from buying and registering a pickup on a WP, it was pretty involved and took over a month to smooth over all the paperwork required to do the transfer and registration.

I've own the car for 10yrs. Due to some rare case I have to renew registration, it's the same as buying new car, just I submit tabien rot(under my name 10yrs) and plates and my own documents, instead of any contract. 

And you know this yr 67 Thailand really tightened down all the visa process... 10 times more headache and very time costing for any non-immigration, it's just much simpler come back with exempt...

Edited by Coremouse
  • Confused 1

Thanks everyone now I know I must look employ help from experienced agent sigh. And maybe go for extension and get 7days more as rejection stamp. I'll still try immigration and embassy though, for the sliver of any possibility hope...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, impulse said:

It's practical in places where immigration is willing to provide tourists with a certificate of residence. Simple as that.

• Love It 1

3 minutes ago, Coremouse said:

Thanks everyone now I know I must look employ help from experienced agent sigh.

Just a heads up...all the car/bike joints (agents) such as Fat Boys and BSR bikes in Bangkok cannot assist you with certificate of residence. 

Some embassies can supply equivalent but 3 embassies do not.

The agents in Pattaya can provide a residence certificate but that's not much help for you. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi everyone, I already got cert-of-res. It's only by shear luck and not duplicable. First TM.18 ISN'T the document to buy car!!! If anyone asking again plz don't recommend this doc. It's a much simpler one like from this post UbonJoe replied: https://aseannow.com/topic/1030204-certificate-of-residence-formto-buy-motorbike-or-car/

And it's shear luck usually I would be rejected straight away. Since TM.18 is the wrong document, I got a wrong queue number and waited hours. And some kindred upper rank officials were monitoring situation and come check my documents. TLDR.... While I'm simple exempt this time, but I was successful WP/BOI visa for yrs, ( I was Tech manager / consultant to some of big Thai names, if you were buying to/from Bangkok via Shopee/Lazada/online malls etc.... The logistics delievery would like go through some of structures I designed and some control program I wrote. When covid some professionals were barred to travel to Thailand to solve and finetuning any issue, I'm at Thailand and simply designed electrical schematic & control program entirely on my own, still accompliant of their remote comms sec.protocol and tailored to customer needs. And some projects could be delayed months now commence operation ahead schedule, ) but I'm also a straightfoward social awkward often angered bosses. And that's why me visa and car book now all in sorry near collapsing state( I won't post details as would only attract trolls maybe ). When following long queue my weak body's exhausted and eye spinning, many people and officials helped me

And officials are so kindred hearted they pitied and sympathetic to me. They handed me correct application form and called a queue( Tm.30/90 days sector queue ). This time just for this time I'm allowed to use my extensive previous career buisness visas as a support, and when I said this is urgent, they issued my cert today. No "connections or f**l play" it's just because kindred sympathy now I could proceed to next puzzle, and try my Best! 

Because series of my misfortune I was complaining this yr LOS tightened visa process. And we know rogued xenophob event does happen more this yr. But you know what, this LOS still have so many kindred souls whom voluntarily helped the weak to go through their hardest! Kindred far outnumbered rogues. Just for this, I dig Thailand and CW immigration! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Coremouse said:

Hi everyone, I already got cert-of-res. It's only by shear luck and not duplicable

Seems OP has had positive result.

Good news.

Thread closed 

• Love It 1